• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydroboost

Chaz

On my buggy I was planning on running tj booster/dodge mc because that's what I had in my Jeep and it all worked perfect. The only thing is now the motor has a cam so I'm worried it won't have enough vacuum to work.

So now I'm thinking about sticking hydroboost on it. One of the units from wod or Vanco that are set up for high flow. I read about some fluid problems but it seems like many are using hydoboost without issues. Is anyone running the wide open or Vanco kits? Trying to find out what the difference is between them and if others have had problems.

Running 14 bolts 3/4-rear 1-front calipers, tsp 228 cam, psc p pump to 2.75" de ram with a heat sink cooler.

Im running an astrovan hydroboost with hydro assist and have zero flow issues on my YJ. Using PSC pump and astrovan reservoir and pump can. Duramax dual piston brakes front and rear.

I have two rigs using superduty hydroboost and master cylinders. One has stock gm 60 calipers front and 3/4 ton rears. 2nd has 3/4 ton front and rear. Both are stock "low" flow units with stock gm pumps supplying the oil flow and 2.5" steering cylinders.
The only issue I have ever felt was on the Jeep with a 7.3cc orbital valve , racing in 3rd gear and low engine rpms and turning as fast as I could, I could feel the pump flow being down. If I was at a higher rpm or turned slower there was no issue. Never and issue with braking.
I think a high flow pump would fix my issue.

I am using a 85 Chevy k30 hydroboost unit with a 2005 chevy Mastercylinder going to 79 ford dual piston front and chevy 3/4 ton single piston rear. I used the stock pump for my 2005 6.0 to drive it. absolutely no issues. There are alot of trucks and a few cars that run hydroboost brakes and powersteering off of a single pump with absolutely no issues. Most are cheaper to buy new than buying one of the kits. For lines I bought adapters for the ports to change them all to -6 AN and made my own lines. If you buy a stock hydroboost unit for a "normal" vehicle like I did make sure it comes with the pin assembly that goes between the hydro unit and the master cylinder. While you can make one, you cannot buy one.

Latest posts