• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

IFS can be a pain...

racinkid13

So, after I pretzled my rack/tie rod, and Crash was so kind to come rescue me, and help straighten the tie rod, and I get home.....something just had to give out, luckily I was only doin bout 35.

benttierod.jpg

Then we went in and started checkin things out...

DSCN0107.jpg

DSCN0108.jpg

SysWillys said:
1 word kid.....Straightaxle.....Or is that 2? :redneck:

i got your one word................money..............lack there of.......

im rockin ther IFS till it all falls off...screw cuttin it off...

plus, it was also my DD..until Sat...

thats funny!!! my buddy is still IFS and he seems to beat his stuff harder then some of us but he usualy makes it and has made some lines that others couldnt:wtf:. read my build up (nothing fancy) in the garage i spent around seven hundred on doing my SAS with buying frontend,hubs and gears. good luck!

racinkid13 said:
i got your one word................money..............lack there of.......

im rockin ther IFS till it all falls off...screw cuttin it off...

plus, it was also my DD..until Sat...

You have a good point.....Especially since you already bought a IFS lift? But those tie-rods and tow bills will add up quick.

SysWillys said:
You have a good point.....Especially since you already bought a IFS lift? But those tie-rods and tow bills will add up quick.

well....this was the first tie rod. And it had been bent previously, the weekend before, and was bent back into place..sorta..so it was weakend that much. and the tow bill, this time i got lucky, had a buddy with towin assistance, 3 per year i think..and used one to get it home.

Ive had the IFS lift for a while tho. Once I get a few other things taken care of..ill start plannin on the SAS. right now...just no room in my budget..

Completely understand.....Do a build up thread on it for us. I'll be in the market for a IFS era Toy and do a SAS on it once I get mine put back together and then sold off.

i don't mind mine, but i just like getting out and enjoying scenery. sure sucks to drop the oil pan on an IFS truck, though...