• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired In search of a 5.4L Triton

jwilson645

Looking for a running (or rebuildable long block, at minimum) Ford 5.4L Triton to go in my 2006 Expedition. I will entertain buying a whole vehicle for the right price if it has a useable engine in it.

I have not dug into it myself but the shop said they were pretty sure it was a dropped valve. It isn't clanking anymore so I'm assuming the valve has been embedded into the head. molaugh It still runs but very rough. I was able to drive it the mile home from the shop. $6000 for a completely new engine or $3500 for a used JY unit with 100k on it. Ideally, I'd like to find a good engine to put in and keep the truck as a tow rig/family hauler because everythign else on it is still nice.

I will cross my fingers. It's a 2006 so it's got the "improved" heads to prevent plug blowout but it still has those shitty $18 a piece spark plugs that break off when you change them. One weekend I'm going to borrow a borescope and start digging into it. It's got 214k miles on it so as a Ford, it's outlived it's expectancy but if I can fix it cheap I'd be happy.

There is an expedition down the road for 2250.00 . I will swing by there tomorrow and post the # for you. I don't know anything about it I just saw it.