• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

John G's arrangements - Tuesday 1pm - rigs welcome

5BrothersFabrication said:
Fo rilly doe, my wife calls y'all "my fake internet friends" but I can't tell you the impact and influence some of you guys have had on my life. She still doesn't understand why I took a day off and drove (rode) 4 hours to attend the funeral of a man I only hung out with for one weekend. I tried to explain it, but it's hard to explain a feeling.

Casey, it may not matter to you, but I'm damn proud of you bud. :dblthumb:
Matters more than you'll ever know buddy.

I've been trying to come up with some big thing to write about everyone coming and showing support. Some of you may know I grew up with John, known him my whole life. He's one of the biggest influences that helped me push better and better in this offroad industry, business and as a hobby. Spent my childhood in his garage pretty much. So seeing everyone there showing respect like that yesterday means a lot. I guess all in trying to say is thank you. I know the family appreciated it and I know John loved it.

Ricky, here's my stab at a "big thing to write" from my experience yesterday. I haven't known him NEARLY as long as you so maybe it was a little easier for me to put it together right now.

I learned a few things yesterday.
I learned that I needed to go to John Galbreath's funeral.
While it may sound somewhat selfish saying that, allow me to explain.
I learned John had a giving, charitable heart and did things most folks didn't know about.
I learned John loved a lot of people but his wife, Nan, was number 1, always.
I learned that I was definitely not the only one that knew John was a excellent business man.
I learned John pushed a lot of people do be the best they could be - to make that leap to try things that they'd wanted to do but were afraid to. Taking the #hardline was something more than just his path in rock crawling - it was his mantra in life even though he could at times come across as a man of leisure and play. That drive to always take the hardline inspired people, myself included.
I learned John had a very diverse base of friends from all walks of life. He touched an enormous number of people and that reach had a sound, lasting impression on them. He was just that kind of guy, had a gravity to him and personality that we were all drawn to.
I learned John's faith wasn't worn on his sleeve but was very sound.
I learned that I needed to take some time wherever possible and have a little more fun.
John, you'll be missed, no doubt about it. But, the impact you made on so many people's lives is pretty astounding and that legacy is very honorable. Rest in peace, friend, and thank you.

CartoTracks said:
Ricky, here's my stab at a "big thing to write" from my experience yesterday. I haven't known him NEARLY as long as you so maybe it was a little easier for me to put it together right now.

I learned a few things yesterday.
I learned that I needed to go to John Galbreath's funeral.
While it may sound somewhat selfish saying that, allow me to explain.
I learned John had a giving, charitable heart and did things most folks didn't know about.
I learned John loved a lot of people but his wife, Nan, was number 1, always.
I learned that I was definitely not the only one that knew John was a excellent business man.
I learned John pushed a lot of people do be the best they could be - to make that leap to try things that they'd wanted to do but were afraid to. Taking the #hardline was something more than just his path in rock crawling - it was his mantra in life even though he could at times come across as a man of leisure and play. That drive to always take the hardline inspired people, myself included.
I learned John had a very diverse base of friends from all walks of life. He touched an enormous number of people and that reach had a sound, lasting impression on them. He was just that kind of guy, had a gravity to him and personality that we were all drawn to.
I learned John's faith wasn't worn on his sleeve but was very sound.
I learned that I needed to take some time wherever possible and have a little more fun.
John, you'll be missed, no doubt about it. But, the impact you made on so many people's lives is pretty astounding and that legacy is very honorable. Rest in peace, friend, and thank you.

Well said. I didn't know John personally, only from this forum. He had helped me on various projects on my rig, sometimes going way out of the way to take the time to answer many stupid questions from me. And every time he would answer without making fun or poking at me, but he would take a lot of time to answer thoroughly enough to help me understand his thinking and make a smart decision from that information. I only moved down here recently and I wish I had realized he was so close to me as I would have made time to meet him in person. I regret that I never did. But from attending yesterday I realized he was quite the man, and I can only hope that if I'm loved half as much as he was, I can consider myself a fortunate man.

RIP John.