• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

KR2-S vs Red Label Krawlers vs KR3-S

Re: KR2-S vs Red Label Krawlers

Hahaha, we're definitely not in the mud, but these do hook up on rocks much better than other tires.

Re:

What letter designation is the non sticky?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

lowbudgetjunk said:
What letter designation is the non sticky?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

KR3 and KR2 are the non sticky. When you see the "S" at the end, means sticky ie: KR3-s

They make the KR3 in a sticky and non sticky.
They made the KR2 in a sticky and non sticky. What I am being told is there is a possibility that the KR2-S will no longer be made but they will continue the KR2. That is not firm yet though.

SkinnyPedalRacing said:
KR3 and KR2 are the non sticky. When you see the "S" at the end, means sticky ie: KR3-s

They make the KR3 in a sticky and non sticky.
They made the KR2 in a sticky and non sticky. What I am being told is there is a possibility that the KR2-S will no longer be made but they will continue the KR2. That is not firm yet though.

Also -B is designation for stick. I.e.: KRT vs KRT-b

TRD said:
40" KR3's make 39" Krawlers look like 37's.

I have the non-stickies and they hook up on everything, even at 15 psi. Love these tires!!!
How are they on width compared to a 39" red? That's where my issues start - too much width (Giggity).

Ordered a set of 39" Reds for a friend and added a KR3-S to the shipment. Initial thought is that the KR3 is maybe 1/4" taller and 1/2" narrower than a red (both unmounted). The red weighs about 94# and the KR3 90# according to bathroom scale. Tread depth of almost 24/32nds for red and 17/32nds for KR3. The tread pattern of the KR3 is very tight. Debatable on whether this is a hindrance or help on rock. Haven't decided if I'll buy three more. Still need to mount a new red and a KR3 to see how they compare when mounted and on the rig.

Mounted on a 17x7.5" alloy under a 3500# rig at 10 PSI, a brand new Red measures 38.5" and a KR-3 measures 38.75". The KR3 is ever so slightly narrower overall than a Red. Just ordered three more KR3-S, so I guess I'm committed to run them now :popcorn:

Wheeled them pretty hard yesterday, and they did great right out of the box. Went everywhere anyone else did and never had to pull cable. Time will tell if at 75% they're as good overall as a 75% red Krawler. So far, I'm pleased.

He is still running the KR3s. We mainly spoke more about rotating the tires to get equal wear on the sidewall to help extend the life of the tires. We I really looked at it the inner sides of my Reds almost looked new compared to the outers. I have had to vulcanize 2 of my tires due to leaking through the cracks that Reds normally develop. I believe rotating them could help in the long run and that is Jordan's stance as well.

He is still running the KR3s. We mainly spoke more about rotating the tires to get equal wear on the sidewall to help extend the life of the tires. We I really looked at it the inner sides of my Reds almost looked new compared to the outers. I have had to vulcanize 2 of my tires due to leaking through the cracks that Reds normally develop. I believe rotating them could help in the long run and that is Jordan's stance as well.
Hadn't really thought about rotating to cause equal wear both side to side and fornt to back equal wear, but that's a good approach.

yea me neither until It came to me one night drinking in my garage.
Jordan confirmed my "idea" These ****ers are too spendy not to make last even it it is a bit more labor intensive. It said He swaps his once a year, but he does more wheeling than I do. That should change now that I have my motor swap done now for the most part.

yea me neither until It came to me one night drinking in my garage.
Jordan confirmed my "idea" These ****ers are too spendy not to make last even it it is a bit more labor intensive. It said He swaps his once a year, but he does more wheeling than I do. That should change now that I have my motor swap done now for the most part.
:dblthumb: