pokey

just me
U.S. FOREST SERVICE NEWS RELEASE

Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest

215 Melody Lane

Wenatchee, WA 98801

For immediate release: August 27, 2012 1:45 PM

Contacts: Nancy Jones

Wheres buck medows? can you get all the way up barber springs road?

Buck Meadows is kinda generic term to describe Riders camp, Manastash camp areas.

A little known fact about the Barber Springs road is it is in a "Green Dot" area (as shown on DRN/WDFW maps) and does not have a "Green Dot" which means vehicle use is not authorized. So many people use it that WDFW and DNR pay little to no attention to it. Just be advised. Yes it does go thru. I guess you are trying to get to the Summit Trail (694) to access the Funny Rocks?

Buck Meadows is kinda generic term to describe Riders camp, Manastash camp areas.

A little known fact about the Barber Springs road is it is in a "Green Dot" area (as shown on DRN/WDFW maps) and does not have a "Green Dot" which means vehicle use is not authorized. So many people use it that WDFW and DNR pay little to no attention to it. Just be advised. Yes it does go thru. I guess you are trying to get to the Summit Trail (694) to access the Funny Rocks?

Ya I usually go up barber springs road and camp bellow the trail head that takes you to funny rocks, so your not suposto drive on that road?

It becomes forest service land at the top after you go across the flat and through the fence. Where you camp is FS land and fine.

A little known fact about the Barber Springs road is it is in a "Green Dot" area (as shown on DRN/WDFW maps) and does not have a "Green Dot" which means vehicle use is not authorized.

There are also not green dots along the main Manastash road....

Ooops

Manastash road is forest service, like the Taneum, which means no green dot. The lower part of both roads are surrounded by state land.

Last edited: