• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mega Tank for the Tow Rig

BustedKnucklefilms

Finally got my hands on a 56 gallon replacement tank for my 6.7 powerstroke. Now I can drive 1000 miles on a tank, or around 500 miles towing.
One of my biggest gripes about my truck was the tiny 26 gallon fuel tank that when towing heavy only allowed for me to make it around 200 miles and when traveling across the country that added hours worth of fill up time to the trip. Problems Solved.

Finally got my hands on a 56 gallon replacement tank for my 6.7 powerstroke. Now I can drive 1000 miles on a tank, or around 500 miles towing.
One of my biggest gripes about my truck was the tiny 26 gallon fuel tank that when towing heavy only allowed for me to make it around 200 miles and when traveling across the country that added hours worth of fill up time to the trip. Problems Solved.

Great idea...with fuel so low right now, it's a no brainer. I have 100g toolbox tank for my dodge.

Great idea...with fuel so low right now, it's a no brainer. I have 100g toolbox tank for my dodge.
It is awesome. I filled it up Over a week ago, drove 30 minutes to work every day and back and went 2 hrs away to choccolocco to ride hauling the RZR and back and still have 100 miles to empty.

Just watched the video and the tank install seems straightforward enough. Keep up the Tow Rig Tech videos.

The 26-gallon tank is my biggest complaint about our 12' 6.7 Powerstroke as well. Wife got a screaming deal on a 43 gallon in bed tank + toolbox + electric pump that is now plumbed into one of the upfitter switches on the dash. I'd rather have one of those SB Tanks since the sending unit can be recalibrated to show a more accurate Distance to Empty amount though.

Just watched the video and the tank install seems straightforward enough. Keep up the Tow Rig Tech videos.

The 26-gallon tank is my biggest complaint about our 12' 6.7 Powerstroke as well. Wife got a screaming deal on a 43 gallon in bed tank + toolbox + electric pump that is now plumbed into one of the upfitter switches on the dash. I'd rather have one of those SB Tanks since the sending unit can be recalibrated to show a more accurate Distance to Empty amount though.

sounds like a good reason to upgrade to the SB tank also. 99 gallons :dblthumb: