• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mixing beadlock brands

nhl_bullitt

Southern IL/MO
Random question... I welded up some 17" TMI beadlocks last year, (great product). Im wondering though, if I order some DIY brand outer rings and if they would bolt to my 32 hole inner rings that are TMI brand. I would think so but curious if anybody has done this.

All you gotta do is measure the diameter of the bolt pattern. measure how far one hole is from the one beside it and the number of holes and anyone cutting your rings can make it happen

Jpyke15 said:
All you gotta do is measure the diameter of the bolt pattern. measure how far one hole is from the one beside it and the number of holes and anyone cutting your rings can make it happen
That is not how you measure a bolt pattern.

Proper way to measure a bolt pattern, is to measure the center to center distance from one bolt hole to the center of the hole. The holes need to 180° apart.

I saw tmi has a 50 dollar fee for custom rings. I will probably just pay that and be done with it. Unless someone else chimes in and has literally bolted diy rings to tmi inners before.

kmcminn said:
That is not how you measure a bolt pattern.

Proper way to measure a bolt pattern, is to measure the center to center distance from one bolt hole to the center of the hole. The holes need to 180° apart.
He was right, just measure the bolt circle diameter. The 15" locks I make have the bolt holes 13.9" on center and the software equally spaces them out. Its not rocket science. I could've matched them for the OP last week, but not making any ring for awhile now due to some life rearanging.

He was right, but you weren't wrong. Just going by how I make them, you need the O.D of the ring, the I.D. of the ring, the diameter of the holes and the diameter of the bolt circle, the computer spaces acordingly for however many holes you want.

Re: Re: Re: Mixing beadlock brands

kmcminn said:
Are you saying he was right I am wrong?
Y'all are both right.

If there are the same number of holes, and the hole spacing is even, then you could measure it either way.

The "common sense" way of measuring would be the way you described though, since bolt circles are called out as "number of holes on a diameter"

Latest posts