• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MSD rev box problem

bigs10blazer

We have a MSD rev box part number 6425, the problem is the engine will only rev to 4000 RPMs, if you unplug the rev box for a minute and then started up and throw it in gear it will hit seven grand three, four, five times in a row and then it will go back to 4000 RPM rev limit it is the box bad Or can it be fixed? Or is something else going on ?

thats what i was hoping, maybe it just needs reprogrammed or ,,,, a drop kick across the shop to be fixed ? ;)

bigs10blazer said:
thats what i was hoping, maybe it just needs reprogrammed or ,,,, a drop kick across the shop to be fixed ? ;)

Have you opened the black Rev Limiter cap and set the rpm's?

No we haven't, but when we unplug it , it does work properly for the first couple times you rap it up so I would not think that would be it

bigs10blazer said:
No we haven't, but when we unplug it , it does work properly for the first couple times you rap it up so I would not think that would be it

Pull up the black plastic cap on the top and the rev limiter dials are right there. You set the 10's and the 1's for exact limits. Simple and easy access as I have replaced way to many MSD #6425's and running one as we speak.