• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Muffler help

xjcrawler

Need a little help picking a muffler for my 4.0 powered TJ. Don't have a lot of room but I don't want it to sound like **** neither. Here is a pic of what room I've got and a pic of a 13x10 flowmaster for comparison....

2093A418-1E57-45AA-8685-917955C19D8A-12650-00001375AB73F5F6_zps18d8a80e.jpg

55BE6432-7EBB-4A06-AAD6-7CCA2DEED438-12650-00001375AFCC9C6D_zps0bb79804.jpg

I put a spintech in my yj. Lots of options for size and shape. I think mine is a 4x6x12.

Yes Spintech makes alot of different sizes. The super pro street's are real small. Borla and magnaflow make some smaller cased muffler. It just depends on what kinda sound you want, the chambered sound or the straight through sound. You would probably even have room to put a lil bullet type muffler in there as well if whatever you chose is a lil too loud for you.

Didn't want anything extremely loud, just a nice low deep rumble. It will end just past the skid plate and turn down there. The Borla's look to be rather expensive though or is that what I'll need to spend to get the sound I'm looking for?

I ran a pair of magma flows behind a v-8 and my buddy ran a single one on his 4.0 both sound good and are compact
Thanks,
Bobby
Sales Manager
CCOR
706-207-4140

I really like the muffled sound of my borla, but a flow master Would make it sound more racy. Really it just depends on which tone you want!

My six year old has a muffler on her barbie jeep she said she would give up. ;D Save your money and go to autozone and buy a NOS kit and lets hear some woo poo! :flipoff1:

Sound is important to an extent but that 4.0 needs a little back pressure. You should put a chambered muffler on it, with 2" exhaust back from the header. I like the flowmaster super 44 series although they may be a touch large for your space.

check out the dynomax race muffler. we ran a 2 into 1 exhaust set up on my rig ,with a single bullet style. it has a really good sound for a inexpensive muffler.