• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches Therapy Run 13 Nov 11

Jacob

Viewer Discretion Advised
Needed some therapy today and no overpriced desk jockies were available so I found something better, a lone snow wheeling trip on the Naches.

Was up there Saturday with a group and it was pretty much a cluster **** no matter which way you went. I went back up today by myself because I was bored sitting at home and wanted to do something. Pretty much had the place to myself this morning. A few rigs showed up in the afternoon, but I was breaking fresh powder other than a couple of ATVs that went ahead of me. Had a great time getting the dogs out and just getting away.

I went in on the west side 7080 entrance and ran all the way to the top of Bull Run. Didn't go down since I was by myself and the snow was really slick. Ran into a bit of trouble coming back out and had to winch my way back up and out. The snow was so slick that once I stopped winching and went to let tension off to reset the winch cable the jeep would start sliding back down. I had to anchor it with a strap every time so I could reset winch cable. Took me an hour and 4 winch resets to get back on my way. Built a camp fire and ate lunch. Ran the trail all the way back to west side 7080 and went up to the top of Pyramid Pass. Snow was getting deep up there. It was getting dark so I headed home.

Here are a few pictures. Didn't get any of the winch party because my fat ass was too busy pulling cable up the hill.

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

Looks like fun!

There is something about wheeling alone that is relaxing.

Anyone who says otherwise is scared to do a little self recovery:flipoff:

It is not something I recommend unless you are fully prepared to recover yourself and have supplies to hold out in case of emergencies. I had 3 days worth of food/water, shelter, and firewood/fire starting supplies. I also contacted 2 people and informed them of my exact route and what time to expect a call from me.

But you hit the nail on the head, it is relaxing and just down right fun being out there depending on yourself.

Looked like a great time!

We went on Saturday as well and every trail had stuckage... It was lots of fun, but lots of ice. Fresh powder must have been great.

Glad you went prepared... and in a pinch, you could have cooked and eating one of the dogs. :haha:

Glad you went prepared... and in a pinch, you could have cooked and eating one of the dogs. :haha:

Why do you think I took 'em? We were looking at each other funny all day :redneck:

They were trying to hide when I was doing all the winching...

See the look on his face..."Really motherfucker, are we going there? Are you going to eat me if we get stranded?"

IMG_3189.jpg

:fawkdancesmiley:

Last edited:

Latest posts