• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Twisted buggy almost finished!

crewchi

Well it has been years since i have posted on here but since we are trying to get this back up and going i thought i would post up what i have been up to. I decided about 3yrs ago to step up my buggy game and replace my old small buggy with a larger V8 powered dana 60 rear steer buggy. I had only one choice since i use to work for Jason Paule at Twisted Customs so i gave him a call and we did some horse trading and decided what to build. I went with the 54" chassis for comfort and right around 108" wb. We went with 1 3/4 dom tube with some chromoly thrown in here and there. We wanted to build it around the legends class ultra4 rules for safety incase i ever get the want to race again. Its running a 5.3 to build TH350 to a 3.0 Atlas. On the axles i had alot of old parts left over from our old comp car so i used what i could. Its running CTM 300m outers and CTM joints all in super duty knuckles with customs steering arms. The inner shafts are all custom Dutchman domestic chromoly 35 spline shafts to detroits that are spun by 7.17 gears "yep i said it 7.17s!" The suspension is 16" 2.5 coilovers and lower links are the 2.25 wide open design alumium links with 1 1/4 heims and uppers are 1 3/4 dom with 7/8 heims. We threw one of Jasons FJ40 Landcruiser hood and grills on it and painted it all to match my 1973 peterbilt cabover tow rig "that rig is a whole different story i will write up later". I will be running 39 sticky BFGS for the rocks and 40" patagonia for snow wheeling and just easy local stuff. These are just the few pics i have on my computer. I will get some more posted up from the build and current pics of it all painted going back together!

Attachments

• twistedbuggyflex.jpg
    twistedbuggyflex.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 113
  • buggiesingarage.jpg
    buggiesingarage.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 114
  • newbuggypaint rear.jpg
    newbuggypaint rear.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 101
  • newbuggyalmostdone.jpg
    newbuggyalmostdone.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 127
  • peterbiltinfrontshop.jpg
    peterbiltinfrontshop.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 111
Sweet rig. I always liked Paule's rigs back in my UROC days. Made nice stuff. Didn't realize he was still building them.
Yep still at it! He just does everything by himself but he has a full shop! Last time i was home and there he had 3 buggies in the shop and a spec class trophy truck. He also has got into baja racing and has been picking up old baja races and fixing them up and racing them.

Well it rolled out of the shop this last Friday at 5:30 We had alittle fuel pump issue but it should be good to go now. I still have a few little things to button up but id say its 98% done. I will post up some build pics soon when i get a chance.
finishedbuggywithpete.jpg
finishedbuggywithpetecolor.jpg