• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ok. what is this?

Oil can

ok all you auto techs. i have an 84 dodge, yah yah i know! any how what is the red box on the inner fender in this pic? it is filled with that gell for electrical, any how it looks like it has failed because it got hot and all that gell melted out. im shure it is bad. the bummer is it has no writing on it and i have no idea what to ask for to replace it....

2011-10-12_09-42-25_177.jpg

Whats the issue with the truck?

As of right now nothing. When I got the truck it was dead a nothing worked. I have bean puting it back together for the last two years. I just assumed that box does something so why not replace it if it is bad.

the blue thing on the back is the ignition module, and the red box is the voltage regulator...

if you are unsure if it is bad, just go to a pull a part or something and grab one off a rig.. they used the same one from 1970 - 1991...

they are only about $30 new online... just make sure you get one that is rated for your alternator output...

:awesomework:

if you were closer I would just say to come grab one off the old dodge truck i have out in my woods...

the blue thing on the back is the ignition module, and the red box is the voltage regulator...

if you are unsure if it is bad, just go to a pull a part or something and grab one off a rig.. they used the same one from 1970 - 1991...

they are only about $30 new online... just make sure you get one that is rated for your alternator output...

:awesomework:

if you were closer I would just say to come grab one off the old dodge truck i have out in my woods...

I was pritty shure the blue one was ignition. So Red is voltage, what is the black one beings you are on a role.

I was pritty shure the blue one was ignition. So Red is voltage, what is the black one beings you are on a role.

that is the data recorder and tracking device...

:haha:

actually not too sure from that pic... i would have to dig out some old books to look at any schematics and see what they said for options...

almost might be easier to google a number found on the unit...

Fixed! :fawkdancesmiley:

:flipoff:

that is the data recorder and tracking device...

:haha:

actually not too sure from that pic... i would have to dig out some old books to look at any schematics and see what they said for options...

almost might be easier to google a number found on the unit...

I looked at a few quick wiring diagrams and couldnt find that box on there, What exactly is the dodge? Model and motor would help a lot when looking up wiring diagrams:awesomework:

Atleast he didnt show us his pink box. :fawkdancesmiley:

By chance do you have a parts truck around?

Fixed! :fawkdancesmiley:

nice!!!

Does it have a Carter BBD with computer plug? If so, the black box may be the timer for the choke.

you know you might be on to something there.... it does have a few wires that go to the carb area. i could see that being it.:eeek:

as far a specs it is a whooped, blowed up, granaded, 84 dodge w or d 150 that i got from a guy for cheep. the tf 727 trans was toasted and i have alwase wanted to try to rebuild one. the trans is rebuilt now.

IMG_9099.jpg

the motor was a tired 360 that i went threw from top to bottom.

IMG_9113.jpg

and a small truck load of body work to be done, mainly on the other side. just a nother rainy day project. and its bean raining and im close to firing it up so im tying up loose ends.:cheer:

IMG_89962.jpg