• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Overlanding wv, and va??

offroadohio

So I am wanting to do an "overland expedition" type trip through wv and into va with my last stop being potts mountain. Obviously will be in mildly built street friendly 4x4.

Plan is to do this late summer of 2017 so I have time to play route and prep my ride.

I am looking for atleast a week long trip.

Direct trip from me to potts is approx 5 hrs. But what is the fun in that.

I'd like to head into wv at Parkersburg and from there I want to stay off 4 lane stuff as much as possible. The less pavement the better but I know that's unrealistic so I exspect to run highway between major stops.

From Parkersburg I'd like to do kind of a ) shape down to the white sulfur springs area, where I'll cut across into va and hit potts mountain on the 2nd to last day of the trip.

Looking for Input on good places to camp, and either 4x4 required or atleast less maintained roads that will get me there from parkersburg.

I want potts mountain to be the tough trail, so looking for mostly stock friendly stuff from here to there, but plan to be fully capable of some tougher stuff in between if it's there.

I know there is alot.of back country roads between droop mountain battlefield and the state line, but I don't know what's what, I've explored the area a little.

Looking to get a direct, but very indirect route sort of layer out so we can stick to camping every night with a couple of fancy campgrounds with showers to wash up in the middle.

The more interesting the site between these back roads the better.

Civil war sites, caves, sweet mountain views, etc..

Any ideas, suggestions, tips, tricks etc welcome.

So far we have myself and a buddy committed but others can join along the way, I don't care.

I have zero experiance in the expedition type stuff and we are not in true expedition type rigs, just planning to pack everything we think we'll need into the rigs and go. Planning for alot of cold food during the day and some campfire suppers. Not much more.

Latest posts