• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Photobucket ?'s

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Lil help for a computer dummy...How come all the pictures i have ever posted as well as ones i just now post all look like this now?

You have run out of bandwidth, either wait till it resets (every 30 days I think). Or sign up and pay for more space. Or use a different service like flickr that gives a lot more space for free.

Interesting. I've never seen that. But my photobucket through the browser has been DAWG slow the last few months... Through the iPhone app it blazes.

This is from my account.

It's interesting that it's stating bandwidth, which is your connection or at least the connection to that photo, and not a storage limit. So do you have pictures on a high traffic site that would receive a lot of hits? Looks like the free accounts get 10GB total monthly transmission.

Here is their explaination: (them stating bandwidth is storage is extremely incorrect, somewhat baffled that they would call it that)

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724014-Bandwidth-Exceeded-Look-Who-s-Popular-

I'm a computer dummy also, I liked it a lot better when you could just pull pics straight from your pic folder to here without going thru the photobucket crap.

yeah only website i get on is here and pirate. My photo bucket says it is 8% full..... using 0.8GB of 10 GB

zayne2427 said:
yeah only website i get on is here and pirate. My photo bucket says it is 8% full..... using 0.8GB of 10 GB

Yeah, that's about me too, mine is at 7% full and I've been using mine for pretty much just forums for the last decade.

Their algorithm and explanation is gheyer than aids. The biggest gripe is they already use YOUR photos for anything they want, since it's now their property once you upload it. They also make money off marketing ads from the linked pics as well. So it only hurts THEM when they temporarily stop the link. The business model of trying to receive small amounts of money from users in registration fees is stupid (and old school) considering the amount of money they would receive from the adsense revenue of the pic.
So in other words, once they stop the preview of your pic, they turn off their money faucet. Stupid huh?

BTW... I've found you can actually grab FB pic URL's and link them to any forum.... below is a FB pic... it dawned on me a while ago. Because mainly the forum is just looking for a jpg URL, then hanging it within the "img" tags

1555391_10153088643127421_3969573056583704861_n.jpg

Download Tapatalk and post from yer phone! Much more simple, but you have to deal with the occasional slow loading tapatalk bs. Been running great lately though, for me.

TacomaJD said:
Download Tapatalk and post from yer phone! Much more simple, but you have to deal with the occasional slow loading tapatalk bs. Been running great lately though, for me.

Wait. Where is the photo being hosted???
If you tell me it's bein hosted on tapatalk's system.... Then I'm telling you I've found why some of yall are having slow response time on THIS site!

LandSpeeder said:
If you tell me it's bein hosted on tapatalk's system.... Then I'm telling you I've found why some of yall are having slow response time on THIS site!

I'd say it is being hosted by them.

Do tell. I don't know much about the Internet

Re:

Yes, Tapatalk host the pictures, only 2 of the forums I frequent slow down on Tapatalk, unfortunately Hardline is one of the 2

My question is do pics show up in the "post preview"? I've tried MANY times using Flickr. Down sized the pics, still nothing. All I can see is the link in the preview. I hate it when the pic doesn't show in the post. I've tried the HTML code and the BB code, copied the url, and dropped it between the brackets in the post. Any help would be much appreciated!! :****:

Re:

mdo817 said:
Yes, Tapatalk host the pictures, only 2 of the forums I frequent slow down on Tapatalk, unfortunately Hardline is one of the 2

Yes... but is HL slow for anyone who DOES NOT use Tapatalk... that's my question...
Then... my question to you is: The other forum, is it a non-ad generated forum like HL?

Cask16 said:
My question is do pics show up in the "post preview"? I've tried MANY times using Flickr. Down sized the pics, still nothing. All I can see is the link in the preview. I hate it when the pic doesn't show in the post. I've tried the HTML code and the BB code, copied the url, and dropped it between the brackets in the post. Any help would be much appreciated!! :****:

if you are using photobucket
left click on the IMG code
come back to HL on your reply post
right click and paste it

for me it shows up in the preview every time

hope this helps

LandSpeeder said:

I believe they just changed and use imageshack, but it does it via image code simply through tapatalk.

LandSpeeder said:
Yes... but is HL slow for anyone who DOES NOT use Tapatalk... that's my question...
Then... my question to you is: The other forum, is it a non-ad generated forum like HL?
Yea, it's a non-ad generated also, but I have a board that is the same and several other boards I frequent, Tapatalk on my IPad is good on all of them using wifi, but my phone on 4G slows down frequently on here and one other board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:

Hard line isn't slow on my phone when on WiFi but on the towers its unusable. However hl isn't slow on my CPU.

Man I got really confused reading all this.. I've never had an issue with it being slow.. All I have to do is email myself my pictures and choose the correct sizing ,( it always ask). And then save that photo and post it. That down photo bucket is one of the main reasons I don't post at my other forum I joined. so much easier the way I do it. But again I always use my phone. Always.

Latest posts