• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pickett State Park/Blackhouse Mountian 1-23-2016

4 months seems like a long time to run a dozer down the main trail, but it's definitely needed. Chest deep ruts and 47 bypasses aren't "sustainable"
How tall are you. Just for a reference ;)

4 months seems like a long time to run a dozer down the main trail, but it's definitely needed. Chest deep ruts and 47 bypasses aren't "sustainable"
That it does all around on a long time for a dozer and not sustainable.

Hoping it doesn't go the way of the Franklin State Forest after their 120 day closure for trail maintenance.

They closed the only state owned park here in Georgia Beasley Knob for the same thing, people destroying the place by not staying on the trails.

IMG_1763.png

Cancelled our cabin reservation at Black House Mountain Campground since we can't ride. Only getting a 50% refund.

I could understand if we were cancelling for other reasons but it is crappy for them to keep half of the money under these circumstances. Not a good way to run a business in today's world with Google reviews.

I could understand if we were cancelling for other reasons but it is crappy for them to keep half of the money under these circumstances. Not a good way to run a business in today's world with Google reviews.
Put em on blast here. Maybe somebody wanting to go there will avoid them if they see it here.

probably grasping straws since they will likely go out of business now. Not a good way to run a business.

I haven't been to Pickett in 7-8 years? I didn't even know there were rentals and such

probably grasping straws since they will likely go out of business now. Not a good way to run a business.

I haven't been to Pickett in 7-8 years? I didn't even know there were rentals and such
Seems like the offroad oriented campgrounds/cabins have popped up over the last 2-3 years (with the exception of Laurel Creek and one other campground close by that's always been aimed at "normal camping folks").

Cancelled our cabin reservation at Black House Mountain Campground since we can't ride. Only getting a 50% refund.
Damn!!! That place is expensive!!!!!

#6 Papa Bear Cabin Black House Mt Park
Jun 07, 2024-Jun 08, 2024
2 Guests | 1 Night

$259.00
Remove
Admin Fee x 1

$12.95

Papa Bear Cabin Cleaning Fee x 1

$75.00
Subtotal

$346.95
Taxes

$50.32
Hotel Tax

$17.35
State Tax

$24.29
County Tax

$8.68
Total Due

$397.27

We had cabin #2 rented, (a tiny cabin), for 2 nights and the total was $332.51. I left them a Google review and they replied that they have now decided to also do a raincheck of a later date for up to 1 year or the 50% refund.

Last edited:
We had cabin #2 rented, (a tiny cabin), for 2 nights and the total was $332.51. I left them a Google review and they replied that they have now decided to also do a raincheck of a later date for up to 1 year or the 50% refund.
Well at least they've offered the raincheck now too. Tough spot for everyone to be for sure.

Back