• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PowerLok question

OldGreen

Isn't it true that you can flip over the convex outter clutches in a powerlok to make it lock up like 90%? I saw a write up, but wanted to see if anyone here had real world experience. I know that I can add an extra clutch, but the slippage is probably the only thing that keeps me from grenading the whole thing with my driving style.:super:

I have never heard you can flip the clutches. I put abrasive clutches on my 60 under my Ford. It lockes with the slightest throttle touch.

A while back I did

So there's five disks per side, three flat and two wavy (thick & thin), I took the thin wavy and replaced it with another thick. Unfortunately I had to buy two sets of disks to do this but, when I pulled it out to sell there was very minimal slippage at all. I ran this in a dana30 front axle, my steering went to heck, five point turns vs three, especially down at Rimrock. Replacing the wavy washer also seemed to put the case at it's limits in putting it back together. It worked great for me, other than the turning it hooked up well. Getting a detroit was a huge difference though

Thanks for that. . .I guess I'm going to have to rip it apart and see what's what. This is in a D44 Rear, but what you are saying makes sense and sounds reasonable. I'm not sure I want it to lock up solid. . .just about 80 or 90% so it gives a little when I catch traction on Nascar style hill climbs. I'll just play with it a little.

I'm gonna try it tomorrow and report back. I know, I know. . .it isn't "locker tech" but I'm all about survivability.

Latest posts