• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

pressure washers

Jeepless

Sleep deprived and proud
what ya all runnin, whered ya get it and how much did ya pay?

I am looking for something to do the occasional roof, deck, driveway, sideing and rig.

TIA

Jeepless said:
what ya all runnin, whered ya get it and how much did ya pay?

I am looking for something to do the occasional roof, deck, driveway, sideing and rig.

TIA

For concrete 3500psi is best
I use a commercial honda unit thats 2400 psi, Its great for the rig and around the house, concrete takes longer because of the lower psi, but works, I paid about $650

Mine is I think 2200 psi, Craftsman and was about $450 Like was said before I would like a little more PSI for the concrete but mine works. Not really worth the money to me for the extra psi though.

426rider said:
Mine is I think 2200 psi, Craftsman and was about $450 Like was said before I would like a little more PSI for the concrete but mine works. Not really worth the money to me for the extra psi though.

the more psi the heavier the machine also, If you want to cart it around, I started with the 13hp it was way over kill, tore paint right off the rig. I took it back and got the smaller 6.5hp..way lighter

We picked up a nice little 5 HP / 2400 PSI unit, used for $150. Works great!

From what I can gather, PW pumps die frequently and are not cheap to fix/replace. Therefore, if you buy used, get a pretty new one and don't pay too much.

Craigslist is your friend, but be prepared to buy NOW. Good used PW's sell in minutes.

yeah I was cureious what was being ran out there, I have had my eye on a 2600psi 5hp .... 299 but am cheap and have been procrastinating.

and no CRUSTY craigslist is YOUR friend...:flipoff:

Jeeples,

Just drink a lot of beer and hold your piss for a long time. :flipoff: :haha:

no, really, Sears has some good deals on some good PW's Just wait untill the Fathers Day sales. :wink: ( I want my damn wink smilly now!!) :haha:

Mine I got from HD on a 90 days same as cash deal. It's 3500psi, Honda motor. I forget the HP, but we have a 800sf deck that has that rubber coating and every winter it gets mucked up, so it gets used twice a year there. I mostly use it to clean underneath my Jeep after muddy runs and it works great.

If your serious about pressure washing. Step up to a Karcher. 220v, Diesel burner(steam up to 300*), down stream chemical injection, 3500psi.

I am a pressure washer/steam cleaner by trade. These things outlast and out perform anythiing else on the market. But you pay for that kind of machine. $2500 new but they are half if you can find them used. I'm sure thats not what your looking for but I thought I would throw it out there.

the biggest difference from your home depot/sears garbage and commercial washers is the flow rate. most of the cheapies are running about 1.5gpm. the commercial landa units we rented at the yard i used to work at ran 4gpm.

our equipment washing rig was a 4gpm 1500psi electric washer. we rented 2000, 2500, and 4000PSI washers that were gas powered. the 2000 had a 7hp honda, 2500 had an 11hp honda, and the 4000 had a 16hp briggs V-twin. with a standard 15* tip the briggs will easily take paint off a car.

however the performance comes at a price, if you're buying new expect to pay around $1/PSI. used you can pick up a 2500 for around $700.

also, stay away from direct drive units, beltdrive is the way to go. the direct drive ones put more load on the motor and usually don't last as long.