• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project truck 1977 F150 400bbf

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
Well here's some pics of my latest toy. 1977 F150 2wd 400bbf. Has a newer transmission in it, Ford 9" rear end, Disc brakes up front, and AC with a york compressor.

The good: It runs and is in pretty good shape for the age and such. Runs pretty good too. Newer tires, all season.
The bad: Valve covers leak of course, and the rear main seal leaks, front calipers are locked up.

Tomorrow it's getting new calipers and front brakes. I've already hot engine flushed the oil twice. The oil in it was nasty as **** when I got it.It had been sitting parked in his driveway since 2007. So I had to take care of that first.

The plan: Get fully tuned up, maybe put a new exhaust on it, sell it is a tow rig to someone. $1000-1500, we'll see when it's ready.
IMG_20110616_133146.jpg

IMG_20110616_133158.jpg

IMG_20110616_133207.jpg

IMG_20110616_133227.jpg

IMG_20110616_133242.jpg

Put new calipers on it today and then drove it around the parking lot. I didn't let it warm up so the carb stalled once. Fired right back up and then pulled it back into the shop.
Talked with the previous owner about it some more today. The motor has 60k on it and the tranny has about 1000 miles on it. The tranny was replaced at the same place that modified the tranny in my Dodge. He also said thats when they put the 9" rear end in it. So that's pretty fresh too, but I know the pinion seal leaks a bit.

I really like this truck. It would be a cool tow rig or project. It's not all rusted up underneath either.

Sometime next week I'm going to clean up the rear brakes. The brake pedal returns slowly to the up position. So I think the rear brakes are rusted up some.

most consider it a BB as the bolt pattern is the same as 429/460 blocks...They can be built to make some really good torque, just don't expect a hi-revver!!! :redneck:

BTW, a 400 isn't a big block, it's a tall deck Cleveland. :stickpoke:

I'm not a ford guy so bear with me. But it's a pretty big 6.6 liter small block.. :fawkdancesmiley:

Anyone wanna buy it?

Last edited:
Ok, so you can get R's outta a 400, but at what expense???:redneck: ...pretty impressive nonetheless...:cool:

Latest posts