• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rubicon trail advise

the4x4pig

After 25 years of wheeling, a buddy and I are finally hitting the Rubicon the first week in September. Plan on taking our time and then doing some exploring/ over landing for the rest of the week.

Anybody have any tips or must see/ do stuff for the area?

After 25 years of wheeling, a buddy and I are finally hitting the Rubicon the first week in September. Plan on taking our time and then doing some exploring/ over landing for the rest of the week.

Anybody have any tips or must see/ do stuff for the area?

Fordyce... fordyce.. fordyce... can't Express that enough lol

I went three years ago. the guys that went this year said it was much harder now than back then. They also said there were side trails they took and thought those were awesome. I can't help you with their locations, I'm just saying keep asking around, there's side areas to be checked out.

Barrett Lake Trail (B52 bomber crash site) Uncle Tom's Cabin is a must..Fordyce of course no snorkel needed!!! Check dreamflows.com shows flow rate for the dam...Have fun!! That's our home turf but we live in WA now

Drove From a friends house in Reno all the way up icehouse road Wednesday morning in the rigs loaded for the Rubicon. Passed 2 sheriffs, a trooper and a forest ranger. Nobody stopped us. If you've done the Rubicon you know that is a long ass road. Got to Just about loon lake and the Road is closed due to a fire that started the night before. Forest service tells us the whole states national forests are now closed. I was so bummed. We left and drove over to Barrett lake trail. No closed signs so we ran it and camped at the lake. Woke up to being completely sopped in with smoke. Got the hell out of there, packed up the rigs and drove home. What a **** show. I hate comifornia. let it burn.

Drove From a friends house in Reno all the way up icehouse road Wednesday morning in the rigs loaded for the Rubicon. Passed 2 sheriffs, a trooper and a forest ranger. Nobody stopped us. If you've done the Rubicon you know that is a long ass road. Got to Just about loon lake and the Road is closed due to a fire that started the night before. Forest service tells us the whole states national forests are now closed. I was so bummed. We left and drove over to Barrett lake trail. No closed signs so we ran it and camped at the lake. Woke up to being completely sopped in with smoke. Got the hell out of there, packed up the rigs and drove home. What a **** show. I hate comifornia. let it burn.

Cuz.. taxington is any better...