• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RZR Axle Boot Question?

caglezxj

I have changed a few broken axles and torn boots. But this new RZR has already slipped a boot off. Not torn. I didn't notice it until I was done riding. It's not full of mud. Should I take it in and maybe get warranty? Should I get some parts cleaner. Clean it out good, and repack it? I will call the dealership and see what they can do and how quick. Just wanting some opinions.

I will get pictures tomorrow. I have seen others use zip ties. Just worried about those popping off. I can get a new clamp. Just concerned about the cage and bearings.

I dug into it this afternoon. After looking at the other clamps, it looks like the one that came off was not clamped tight enough. Had a quarter inch space left in the clamp where the others was almost touching. I cleaned out all the old grease and packed with new CV grease. Reused factory clamp and tighten that baby down. Now to ride it and see if it will stay on. I pulled on it and it feels like it's seated very well. Those boots could have been a little longer, you really have to stretch them out to fit over the cv housing .

Latest posts