• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sas s10 swap tips

417chevy

I got a s10 project the other day going to do sas on it got a Dana 44 rear and a 10 bolt front out of a old chevy pick up and tips on the steering?
yqehupyt.jpg
also doin sbc swap too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7abada9u.jpg
pa6eqy8u.jpg
sa6a8aha.jpg
nyzyhaba.jpg
tagy4uza.jpg

010 .060 small block 350 with flat top pistons 470 lift cam 882 heads with 550 lift springs should have plenty of power for the rocky trails

Kind of want to stay with gear box steering rack and pinion have to big of a fail record for me

417chevy said:
Kind of want to stay with gear box steering rack and pinion have to big of a fail record for me

I know man, couldn't help it. Go to a junkyard, look for a Nissan Frontier or Xterra box. They're small-ish but are overbuilt, cheap and plentiful. And they're 3 1/2 turns lock to lock.

If you have any pics of sas s10 front ends and how any of you have done or seen done it would be helpful just trying to get some ideas this is going to be a mild to hard trail rig at least that's the plan so far

http://www.s10extremist.org/forums/

This is one of the best s10 sas sites that I know of. I have done 2 different swaps and used the info from here on both. I like using the s10 frame since it is boxed front to just behind the cab. If I were to link it in any fashion I would plate the frame just to widen the stress area.

http://www.s10extremist.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=19075 This was my 1st build and drove the best of both.

http://www.s10extremist.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=21346 This was the 2nd build and probably rode the best of both.

Both had similar setups with the springs being the difference. On blue I turned the springs around f-r which I think was what helped the on rode driving. BOTH would flex like crazy and could be SAFELY driven over legal highway speeds. Both had body roll from the lift and no sway bars but felt ok on the road. I did flex the da dook up to 40 inches with the other 3 tires firmly on the ground and never felt tipsy, would have gone more but the rear tire was at the bottom of the ramp.

0319070852.jpg
[/URL]
leafs in front coils in rear, naroowed axles , 40 boggers

four link frt and rear, 44s full width axles
]
securedownload_zpsf365b1c1.jpg
[/URL]

I'm planning on the v8 just have to get it done what leaf springs did you use for you build mr bigs10blazer

V8 dana 70s full hydro stering. And i may have an astro van steering box if you want it

Attachments

• 1374064_655302714493852_306350954_n.jpg
    1374064_655302714493852_306350954_n.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 175
i used 4 in soft ride 85 chevy springs, and made my own mounts.
if you use the leaf springs , i used the original box and did the cross over steering with hydro assist, but if yo push the axle forward you can use the astro box,
but as firefreak says, full hydro steering is SOOOOOO nice !

Got a hydro cylinder I think it's a 10 inch of a fork lift what all do I need to get for full hydro steering. Can I use the power steering pump and the stock steering box? I'm new to the 4x4 world you guys are helpin a lot though thanks for the advice

417chevy said:
Got a hydro cylinder I think it's a 10 inch of a fork lift what all do I need to get for full hydro steering. Can I use the power steering pump and the stock steering box? I'm new to the 4x4 world you guys are helpin a lot though thanks for the advice

10" is too much, get an 8". Most Chev V8s came with a Saginaw pump, should be plenty to push it. Then just watch the classifieds on here for an orbital. PSC prices are... well, let's just say they're proud of their ****.