• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Strong antiwrap setup...pics

Paulie said:
Bump this back up. so today i built brackets for my antiwrap bar. my concern is John stated that having the antiwrap bar be as long as it can be, Leverage wise. well today i measured out mine and i cant make it pass the stock crossmember below my cab at the back. so my antiwrap setup is gonna be about 3ft. long. that to short.

That should be fine. the one I put in a YJ was about 36".

One thing that I am not sure of, is what angle to put the bar at... It definitely gives a lot of antisquat in the YJ I was referring to. There was a thread on POR to that affect, so it is just something to keep in the back of your head. I would assume you want to keep the bar relatively parallel to the frame if possible, which is a bit of a trick since you will have to put the shackle facing 'up' also.

Either way, it probably doesn't matter too much, because it is such a vast improvement over a simple leaf setup.

i can drive it now but the rear end wraps. i basically have most of the stuff to link it (coils, the lower links, bushings, brackets) im debating on doing it. with my antiwrap bar i can see the shackle design definetly not working. the upp link would almost be at a 45*. about to try that slip style anti-wrap setup.

Paulie said:
i can drive it now but the rear end wraps. i basically have most of the stuff to link it (coils, the lower links, bushings, brackets) im debating on doing it. with my antiwrap bar i can see the shackle design definetly not working. the upp link would almost be at a 45*. about to try that slip style anti-wrap setup.

Jesus if it's at that steep of an angle then how tall is you're truck?

set lower than my cousins roomates truck on 36s. truck is low but the rear tower for the upper link is about 4" from eye to top of the diff, came close to hitting the shock. Now considering Linkin the rear...might be at your shop tomarrow or weds Darius

Paulie said:
$40 for a tug when your 44 explodes or a 38 goes rolling back to the trailer.:flipoff:

Like your turd could even pull my rig anywhere :flipoff:

that right there is the sad part....Might not even to be able to crawl around Naches.

Looks like im gonna have a bill with Marlin Crawler

Travis said:
NOOOO!!!!!!!

Passenger side is BAD... I get UGLY body lean from torque when I have the traction. Enough to pull the drivers front tire over a foot off the ground when things start binding up.

Consesus seems to be that drivers side is the best side to have it on.

Seemed to me the consensus is to have it on the pass side.