• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid welding question.

skipnrocks

So I was finish welding my kids buggy chassis and rolled it onto my lead running to my mig gun. It flattened it a little and made a little cut in the shell. I can't seem to find any pics of the anatomy of those lines. Wire still feeds through same as befor. My question is how is gas getting to the gun? I don't want to remove the shell if I don't have to but want to make sure nothing is compromised? What are your thoughts?

Re: Stupid welding question.

Yup there's a small hose, ya can slip a ballon over the tip and pull wire out and squeeze trigger to see if the balloon fills up or leaking out the hose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing one time. Tried to repair it. Never could figure it out. But my only advice is a new whip (gun) is cheaper from eBay than my local welding supply store.

jasper said:
I did the same thing one time. Tried to repair it. Never could figure it out. But my only advice is a new whip (gun) is cheaper from eBay than my local welding supply store.

I was thinking of that. I was able to weld just fine this am so it must be mostly ok. But years ago I bought a whip off eBay and it was much nicer than the factory one.