• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Swaybar help/info needed

Neal3000

Ive never felt the need for swaybars but after dealing with some pretty bad body roll in the gofast sections of the ecors race last weekend that hurt me timewise i've decided to put them on front and rear. i've searched on pirate a lot and haven't found a good tech thread about them, but i keep reading references to a 30 page thread about them. Does anyone have a link to that?

my main question right now is how much do the arms move up and down relative to the movement of the axle? my shocks are setup for 7" up and 9" down front and rear. from what i've read the arms ideally need to be level at ride height but i am going to have clearance issues if they move very far upwards unless i get a bar that's a good bit wider than the frame. Also does it matter or have any effect where you mount them? im looking at in front of the front axle and in front of the rear.

Also, Blacksheep if you see this do you still make kits?

They dont need to be parallel with the ground at rest you just want them to be balanced on your suspension at rest. The torsion bar piece can be mounted above of below that parallel "imaginary" centerline as much as you want as long as you still have angular leverage on the arms.

If you have 16"s of travel 7" up and 9" down if you mount the torsion bar "X" inches up you just change the arch of the swing not a big deal IMO.

Yes last I knew Kelly was still making Sway bar kits.

You have to play with the set up a little when installing it. You do not want the sway bar to roll under itself at full droop. Ideally if you have a lift you can put it on that can help a lot. My rig had A LOT of body roll at speed, after putting the sway bar on the rear it drives like a totally different rig.

thanks for the info guys.......are 12" arms too short do yall think? it looks like i'm going to have about 34" bars with 12" arms are what is going to fit

Latest posts