• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

t-mobile

patooyee

I'm seeing all these commercials about their merger with Dish and their new expanded network that looks almost as big as AT&T and Verizon now. Just wondering if any existing t-mobile customers have noticed improvements with this new network yet? Everyone I knew before on T-Mobile hated it.

If they had good service around here, I'd tell Verizon to eat ****! It's only a matter of time before the smaller carriers take over. I wish they had the funds to expand to reach all of Verizon's areas. Verizon is entirely too expensive right now and it's only getting worse. Eventually, they are going to lose out to an underdog like T-Mobile....just give it time.

Here is T-Mobile's new map:

coverage_lp_blade1_map-392x370.jpg

Verizon's:

vzw-current-1-trim

There's not a hell of a lot of difference any more in terms of total coverage. I just wonder if the actual service is living up to the hype. I've used a LTE detector app on my phone and found that T-Mobile is actually 2x stronger where I live than Verizon. But its when I go out of town that I worry about.

Re:

I've never really looked at those maps closely, but I can vouch of accuracy in the eastern-middle TN area. There is a pink line on the T mobile map that follows I-40.

Get more than 10 miles from the interstate around here and you better have Verizon if you want anything more than spotty basic cell service

I've had t-mobile for 13,14 years at least. My coverage sucks if I'm anywhere in Kentucky that's not in the city limits. I've been thinking about that card thing you guys posted about a year or so ago :dunno:

The statements above are why I don't trust T Mobile's maps. They must count if you get 1 bar of 3g in an area, then it falls under their "service area." Never heard of anything besides AT&T and a few small carriers that operate on Verizon towers that is worth a **** in Northeast AL.

Republic Wireless FTW!

I barely get coverage at my own house, spotty in town and if you aren't on a major highway, no service at all. Unless you are on the backside of the Mountains in Harlan and I have 4G :****:

It uses Sprint towers and is shitty as hell. I pay $13 a month and am so happy that I get almost no signal anywhere that you can't even understand.

^^^ That's hilarious me and my wife both we shocked we had 4g at Harlan a couple weeks ago!

Re:

Heck yeah, we camped at "Black Bear Campground" way up by Lions Den, and I had flawless 4G. Watched the radar and hd YouTube videos while it piss poured rain

Re:

TBItoy said:
Heck yeah, we camped at "Black Bear Campground" way up by Lions Den, and I had flawless 4G. Watched the radar and hd YouTube videos while it piss poured rain

Maybe the t-mobile guy/ tower guy wheels so he wants service?? :dunno: :dblthumb:

I install and maintain the data lines that feed cell towers- At&t, verizon, sprint, and t-mobile all get the exact same kind of GigE fiber optic service from the phone company, but Verizon and AT&T are on way more towers, especially in rural areas. Verizon is the undisputed king of rural though, unlike anyone else, they own a lot of their own towers and are the only ones on them in dead spots for the other carriers