• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired TH350 or TH350 bare case.

P said:
Yep Joe was on my "call list" thumb.gif

are you gonna build it yourself or you want it done? I can call Billy Arrington here in Bessemer and see if he has an old case, he is an old greasy race shop here that built my junk. Good old guy. Short housing or long, 2 wheel case, ? Let me know. thumb.gif

I got like maybe 150 is I can make the whole thing happen for that Im in. laughing1

P said:
I got like maybe 150 is I can make the whole thing happen for that Im in. laughing1

Let me rephrase my question here. umh, short housing or long, 2 wheel case,? Let me know. :flipoff1:

4wd if I gotta swap guts it doesnt matter though right.. :dunno:

I was told the one I got was in a 2wd then dood I obught it from had the shaft put in it and you take the cone off the back and walla its 4wd...

P said:
4wd if I gotta swap guts it doesnt matter though right.. :dunno:

I was told the one I got was in a 2wd then dood I obught it from had the shaft put in it and you take the cone off the back and walla its 4wd...

Not sure about the "walla" but I will checkl with Billy and see what he has lying around. I will tell him it is for my brothers neighbors sister's friend's doctor's friend's, guy who know's the girl who's friend is a Wal Mart greeter who talked to this dood who needed a C-6 transmision. Right? :dunno:

Could be, I thought the 4wd had a different tail housing or smaller output shaft. This is why I sub them our for repair. :dunno:

CHASMAN9 said:
Could be, I thought the 4wd had a different tail housing or smaller output shaft. This is why I sub them our for repair. :dunno:

What does either have to do with the case!!!!!!! :popcorn:

Same thing I have always thought John, the only thing that has to be done to make a 2wd a 4wd is remove the tail cone and swap to a short 4x rear output shaft. thumb.gif

Its not something I will or could personally do , I've only put a full manual valve body in and chopped the bell housing off for an ultra bell. Thats the extent of my "hands on" with automatics. laughing1

I appreciate you looking into it with your guy Greg, we will get it sorted tommorow after another round of phoney calls.

( Dayum, puttin the pressure on me to spend money on the front driveshaft 1350 upgrade now... sheesh wiht friends like you guys who needs a wife to spend all your money ! :flipoff1: )

that is all you have to do to convert one. not that i can do it but it can be done by changing the tailshaft and cone. i have heard it is easy to do but i am doing good to get the fluid in it with out pouring it everywhere. thumb.gif

Greg, got ahold of my guy here in Sumiton that did Gpa and my dads trannies. He said he'd sell me a case and swap guts for a buck fitty... think Im going to go that route.

I appreciate you calling your guy and telling him about my wounded dog's guardian that happens to be my one legged Great Aunts neighbors sister that had the Monte Carlo with transmission troubles. thumb.gif

I appreciate you calling your guy and telling him about my wounded dog's guardian that happens to be my one legged Great Aunts neighbors sister that had the Monte Carlo with transmission troubles. thumb.gif
[/quote]

Damn P. i just had them mow the weeds from around the Monte Carlo on the front lawn about 10 minutes ago. Could have saved the dog, he was asleep and never heard the mower coming... molaugh

Greg, you crack me up everytime the banter goes down. I need to get down there for a rec wheeling trip sometime soon. Or the HLC could make it to clayton or HS
Paul, is he giving you a K case or are you going with another car case?
what remedied my tranny breaking was a solid as **** tranny mount and supporting the back of the case with the same mount, a strut rod from tcase adapter to bellhousing, and then solid mounting the engine. you saw how I "solid mounted it", I just ran some strap from head to frame on each side. laughing1 yeah, but don't laugh, it works

blacksheep10 said:
Greg, you crack me up everytime the banter goes down. I need to get down there for a rec wheeling trip sometime soon. Or the HLC could make it to clayton or HS

A trip fo sho. We's always habbin a good time heeeaa.

I agree, that is a great idea in either direction. I would like to do some more south/ southwestern wheelin and see what ya'll have to offer. I grew up wheelin in the Sierras and that is a whole nother type of wheelin in itself. We need to plan something and make it happen.

P.S. congrats on the latest addition. Boys are great

[attachment deleted by admin]

Unsure on the case exactly, need to go by there and get one, I assume he has more than one to choose from so thats cool.