• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Th400 manual valve body questions?

Jeremy1

Does anyone recognize this valve body?
This was installed by someone else and I don't know who. The transmission was also rebuild then. I am having trouble with reverse. The trans feels like it it is bound up once under a load. It works just fine on flat ground but as soon as you give it a little throttle it binds.
My problem is once I removed it I found a check ball and don't know where it goes. I found the installation directions for a tci 221100 reverse manual valve body. Those directions say I should have two check balls and a spring. Also the purple separator plate does not have a hole in the location where to says to put one of the check balls. Has any one seen this valve and piont me in a direction as to who made it?
a1fca3a76b1f03fcfa95809a82eee790.jpg
a431d5b1d2de2002567e96508c56e05c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'd call TCi and run the part number on that body.

They can send you a detailed fluid flow as well as check ball location for it.

They can also answer questions about what's omitted and such.

In my opinion much more productive than asking here. You don't want to pull that thing apart another 4 times

I have called tci and they don't think it's there valve. It turns out the valve is a monster transmission valve. I spoke with them the other day and asked for the installation directions for it. I was told that since I didn't buy it from them they couldn't help me. I am in the process of getting prices on just buying a entire transmission now. Won't be getting a price from monster though.

I had the same problem with my TH400. I bought a rebuilt trans from CL and it had a RMVB. Wasn't sure who made the VB. I googled the P/N on the purple plate, turned out to be a TCI RMVB. I called them and the tech guy said I had a 221100. I downloaded the PDF instructions and went to town. I immediately noticed several discrepancies. Turns out I had a TCI 221201. Everything worked out great after I had the correct information. Hope that helps

Re: Re: Th400 manual valve body questions?

dmtfabrication said:
I had the same problem with my TH400. I bought a rebuilt trans from CL and it had a RMVB. Wasn't sure who made the VB. I googled the P/N on the purple plate, turned out to be a TCI RMVB. I called them and the tech guy said I had a 221100. I downloaded the PDF instructions and went to town. I immediately noticed several discrepancies. Turns out I had a TCI 221201. Everything worked out great after I had the correct information. Hope that helps
Thanks it did take a few calls to get the correct information. I ended up just ordering anew transmission from tci