• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Throwing in the towel - my MarsFab buggy build

Pulled the interior out. Have a small leak between the transmission and the front t-case to fix. Gonna give it a good cleaning and a nut & bolt check so it will be ready for next year.

PXL_20231102_184441623.jpg
PXL_20231102_184418105.jpg

Looking good. Anything else on the to do list?

Not really, might pull the air shocks and put more oil in them. I originally put in the exact amount of oil that Swayaway recommended but the shocks bottom out occasionally when riding between the trails. Seems to be common practice for people to fill the shocks all the way to about 3/4" from the top.

Not really, might pull the air shocks and put more oil in them. I originally put in the exact amount of oil that Swayaway recommended but the shocks bottom out occasionally when riding between the trails. Seems to be common practice for people to fill the shocks all the way to about 3/4" from the top.
Cool deal and I have the same problem with my Sway air shocks. Feels great everywhere but the access trails.

'I've alway ram about 100cc more oil than what is called for in mine. With the least amount of psi as possible to get about 3" of shaft showing.

'I've alway ram about 100cc more oil than what is called for in mine. With the least amount of psi as possible to get about 3" of shaft showing.

Think I set mine up around 4-4.5" of shaft showing if I remember correctly.

They're great when I'm actually on obstacles. Don't unload on vertical or off camber situations. They just bottom out occasionally when going between trails and try to get up a little speed.

Think I set mine up around 4-4.5" of shaft showing if I remember correctly.

They're great when I'm actually on obstacles. Don't unload on vertical or off camber situations. They just bottom out occasionally when going between trails and try to get up a little speed.
Yes it was definitely rough set up that way. But very stable set up that way as well. So I went with stability over comfort.