• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TJ spring rates.....????

Berne

what sort of spring rate do TJ's have???......(front and rear)...

or....

how heavy is the nose and tail of a TJ.....

I'm lookin' at these.....
http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268

as potential for the rear of the fat-****......I'd guess the front ones....since I'd guess they'd have the higher spring rate....but I dunno....

I've really got no idea how much the rear of the new rig is going to weigh....but it'll have alot less body and frame back there.....so it'll be 'less' than it is now...

--Berne

dont exactlyknow spring rates but i had to add one leaf to my tj set to make it be flat with the 5.0 in there. with that 460 you might need more.

any progress pictures?

what did you decide to use as a base?

Hip said:
dont exactlyknow spring rates but i had to add one leaf to my tj set to make it be flat with the 5.0 in there. with that 460 you might need more.

any progress pictures?

what did you decide to use as a base?

were you smokin' for breakfast hippy???? :cool: :cool:

how did you add leaves to your TJ coils (that you don't have)....

I'm talking about the REAR of the new rig.....the front is still going to be.....uh...."fat"....
it'll still be bronco at the base.....re-using most of the current bronco chassis, or....at least the front 1/2-2/3's....
still leaning toward scout skins.....

and, well, progress pictures will come once progress is made. I should have the last of the other side-projects (paying jobs come first) done this weekend, and be able to actually get started on this thing soon....

--Berne

tj zj xj **** i get confused.:mad: i was trying to wrap my mind around that 460 and those soft flat leavsprings and wondering what you were thinking. now the fog is starting to lift.....

cool cant wait to see the new trimspashit.

I have two complete stock TJ suspensions you can have for FREE.

You pick up.

Don't know about the spring rates though. GaryTJ might.

KarlVP said:
I have two complete stock TJ suspensions you can have for FREE.

You pick up.

Don't know about the spring rates though. GaryTJ might.

SOLD....

Could you get them to Hip, and I'll get them from him???

--B

show.php