• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota dual case question

Jacobmc

I have a dual case in my new buggy and I'm kind of new to toyota stuff...can someone tell me how the crawl box is suppose to shift..which direction is high range and what's low....all I know is when I'm driving it and I pull the shifter straight back it works fine but when I go forward it puts everything in neutral...I'm not sure if it's working correct and it doesn't seem like its in double low..

the range box (front box) is forward for low, neutral, back for high. The rear box is left forward for 2wd, back for 4high, right and forward neutral then 4 low

Ok well I must have a problem because it want do anything with the crawl box shifter in forward position...do you know what it could be?

Jacobmc said:
Ok well I must have a problem because it want do anything with the crawl box shifter in forward position...do you know what it could be?

I have seen people remove one of the shift rails on the crawl box making it only low and neutral. Quite a few rigs have come out of North Tennessee like that

I bet the crawl box got put together without the shift rail modification. I had this problem when I built my truck, went by instructions included with the crawl box only to find out they left out the part about shortening the shift rail. Read Trailgear's online installation guide for the dual adapter and twin stick install, it has the missing steps. thumb.gif

from your post I need to check, you can't shift into low when moving, come to a complete stop and push the center shifter forward of nuteral. if this does not apply then everyone else is right probably assembled wrong...

That's what I'm thinking its put together wrong thanks for the replies...I'll get it apart this week and figure it out

Even better you can watch it on youtube under marlin or trail gear.. I assembled mine on the kitchen table watching steps on the big screen!! step out to the shop for the mods...

muddinmetal said:
I have seen people remove one of the shift rails on the crawl box making it only low and neutral. Quite a few rigs have come out of North Tennessee like that

You have to remove one rail in the crawl box.

What you are referring to is not possible in a toy case

If your back case is in low, and the front case won't go in low, you need to shorten the hi-lo rail on the rear case

Just to make sure this is correct...when I shift the crawl box all the way forward I should be in low?...rite now all the way forward is neutral

Jacobmc said:
Just to make sure this is correct...when I shift the crawl box all the way forward I should be in low?...rite now all the way forward is neutral

Yes, try putting your back case in high, if the front case still won't shift into low, then you need to shorten the hi-lo rail on the front case

Re: Re: Toyota dual case question

y6yha6e8.jpg

Looks like I found my problem the low gear is turned around backwards lol...I think my dad and his freind had too many bud lights that night when thus thing got put together

:puke: glad you found it . good practice for us toyota owners to get good at pulling repairing and putting it all back.. Welcome to the world of crawling.. drink less and test box for proper function before reinstalling. :drinkers:

Re: Re: Toyota dual case question

Oh yea It was good practice im glad i got it fixed its a worlds difference in double low!

Latest posts