• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota t-case carnage

Turtle Bite

Last weekend went snow wheelin and had a great time, until the end. Broke the low range gear in my rear case and the case itself. A tooth broke off and floated around for a while, then got sucked up into the gears and broke the case. Stock gears in both cases, 4.3, auto, 4:10 gears and 44 TSL's, I was asking for it.

P1000127.jpg

I was just going to replace the case and gears with spares, then I noticed I did not have a spare gear and I had three different styles of gears. I knew there were quiet run and standard gears, but some are wider than others.
P1000128.jpg

P1000129.jpg

They were taking everything I could throw at them for the last year, but the 44's killed em quick. Im going to put them back together and see how many more trips they make it, Im hoping when I put the new re-geared axles in and the smaller tires they will be ok.

****, i just might have to post some of the videos josh, then they might understand better, it should have broke sooner.......

I would like to see them, the first 3/4 of the day was awesome:redneck:

I picked up another whole case from Jordan for a good price, I am trying to get it together for this weekend.