• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail closed at green acres Clayton oklahoma

Sounds like a sure enough trash pick up ride needs to happen pretty quick. I do not have a built rig, but do have a razor, and do not mind walking. I would be game to spend a day picking up trash.!!

From Pirate
Angels Camp;29187218 said:
Green Acres is still going strong. Clayton wants and needs your business. However, it is NOT business as usual at Green Acres. Rudy graciously provides the front door for crawling in this area, however, he does not own all of the land that has been used by crawlers over the years. "Official boundaries from the courthouse" have been located on the ground by registered surveyors. These boundaries are marked by orange flags and posts. Southeastern Oklahoma Land Company has surveyed the property near Green Acres and it is in the process of selling acreage to the east of this area. The portions on which Jeff's Ledges and 8 Point are located, as well as the eastern entrance to Black Sheep Blvd., has been purchased by Angels Camp. Access to the main trail and all tributary trails at the north end of Wet n' Wild is no longer allowed. Access to the creek paralleling this trail is also prohibited. ALL OTHER TRAILS ARE STILL OPEN. To keep you safe and to keep you from trespassing, we have posted yellow signs marking the closed trails and property. The yellow ropes are on private property, and their destruction and/or removal is certainly trespassing, and could be criminal mischief. Yes, garbage did have something to do with this decision. So did the destruction of the vegetation which controlled erosion. Likewise, oil and beer cans in the creek would make any conscientious landowner want to deny access. Keep in mind, since Rudy never owned this property, no one ever had permission to enter this property to begin with. If you need to access Green Mamba please do so via Flag Pole Road or one of the western trails. However, it is my understanding that Green Mamba is also not situated on land owned by Rudy, so someone may need to find the owner and get permission to continue using that area. Angels Camp knows that most of the readers of this post really do care about the trails. However, there are many (probably NOT reading this post) who don't care if they crawl in garbage, and therefore, they should go crawl at the city dump. As fellow members of Pirate4x4, we must take responsibility for policing our fellow crawlers or lose more trails. Please, let us all enjoy this wilderness area by keeping it clean, staying on the trails, and staying off of property where we do not have permission to roam.

That's all that's left. Great buggy wheeling. The creek was a great drinkin night access trail to run green mamba and the extension. Gasper goo is one of my favorites. Its an awesome warm up trail. Bummed it's gone. Waterfall is always a fun play around climb but like gasper goo it's very short.

I guess what I'm saying is in my opinion other than the entrance to black sheep being gone, that's all that's left is good buggy wheeling.

Wet n wild and Jeff's ledges is what all the jeep clubs come to run. The only drawback to losing those is we lost the access trail also. It will make it much harder to get back to camp if broken on green mamba or the extension.

I say don't cancel a trip until we have been up there to check it out. We'll be there shortly

New years run should be very telling... Be interesting to see if the landowners are out there policing their boundaries. I hope it doesn't get ugly with people crossing lines they shouldn't...that could go bad for everyone and wheeling in Clayton as a whole...

I hope the boundaries are clearly marked so people have no excuse. Unlike the Marines at Johnson Valley last year not marking any boundaries then harassing people for being on "their" land.

You still got: lower, mid, upper slims slope. Van Alstyne Trail, Ate my lunch, plucked, redneck millionaire, 3 trail, walk in the park, tuckers triumph, both halves of cakewalk, green mamba, mamba extension, bounty, kt's climb, jimbro Alexander.

All of these minus about 3 can only be run by heavily built rigs/buggies. The 3 can be run by daily drivers at your own risk of damage.

Like I said above though, the big pickle is the area that's been closed is THE thoroughfare to and from camp on the front side.

We'll see how it works out long term. There is still a ton to wheel, just not for vacation jeepers.

knaffie said:
I hope the boundaries are clearly marked so people have no excuse. Unlike the Marines at Johnson Valley last year not marking any boundaries then harassing people for being on "their" land.

I didn't see Gobblers Knob mentioned. Is it open?

Edit: I meant to quote LightBnDr

Sawzall said:
I didn't see Gobblers Knob mentioned. Is it open?

Edit: I meant to quote LightBnDr

Gobblers Knob is on the opposite side of the mountain, from the current dispute. It should be unaffected. I believe the only trails on the back side that could be questionable are Lower, and the first half of Mid Slim's Slope. There have been questions over those 2 for quite some time now though, and I believe there are signs up to show that. No news there. The 3 trails that make up Gobbler's Knob should still be fair game.