• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Well that explains that

pokey

just me
While up at Evans this past weekend we decided to do "one more trail" on our way back to camp :haha: We headed up the 197 behind the pond and I got about 3/4 of the way up the lower section when the fire went out and no more spark. after winching backwards down the hill we drug it back to camp and parked it. Well I pulled the distributer out tonight (in two pieces) and figured out what happened. Kind of odd there wasnt any signs of damage just the fact that the pin was gone:eeek:

Attachments

• broken dist.jpg
    broken dist.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 214
I'd be a little worried as to were that pin IS (or more likely the parts a pieces of it).

Hopefully its just sitting in the bottom of your pan... away from the pick-up :eek:

I'd be a little worried as to were that pin IS (or more likely the parts a pieces of it).

Hopefully its just sitting in the bottom of your pan... away from the pick-up :eek:

Yeah has me a bit worried as well. Gonna get a couple of good magnets and stick on the bottom side of the pan or fish one in through the drain plug hole and see if I can find it.

Funny thing is its the chevy part that broke :haha: :eeek:

Wonder how long the toyota parts I have on it will last :eeek:

Only the top ha;f of that is chevy. The only ford part on it failed (gear).

The toyota stuff wont let ya down. Oh what a feelin, toyoda!!

Gotta wonder where that roll pin went...either in the engine valley, or crankcase...time to go Fishin'! :redneck:

Is that loose piece one part or is it a ford gear on an adapter then pin on the dui dist?

If its two chunks, look at the other pin/connection too.

Is that loose piece one part or is it a ford gear on an adapter then pin on the dui dist?

If its two chunks, look at the other pin/connection too.

Its the ford gear on an adapter and then pined to the shaft of the HEI. Yea I checked it and its real tight and shows no movement. The new one I put in is tight as well and I peened over the ends a little as well.

If you had started with toyota parts it would have never broke on the trail

it would have still been in the garage :haha: