• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheeler with a bad back

Freeride

Buddy of mine has scoliosis (sp?) that definitely gives him a fair amount of back pain now and then. Saturday we spent 8+ hrs on the trail at Walker. He felt pretty good all day until we were done and he climbed out of his rig and was walking around. By the time he got home he could barely walk at ALL. He's got a YJ, spring under 4" lift, with stock buckets. Not the softest riding rig out there.

Anyhow, he's looking around for better seats. Question, what's the technical definition of "Suspension" seats? I've heard them mentioned, but I've got a good back, and comfy TJ seats, so I've never paid attention. Also what do people recommend? PRP? Mastercraft? Beard? Racecraft? Corbeau?

Last edited:
I just got back from wheelin' with Robbie from Mastercraft. He's a hell of a nice guy, and I'm upgrading to his seats when I can afford them. They're big into desert racing, do a lot of business with OEM military seats, and seem to hold up very well, as well as being supportive. You'll find a lot of cheaper stuff out there, but you get what you pay for. That's why I don't have 'em yet, if I can't get what I want, I'd rather wait, the take second choice. T.

i just installed racecraft suspension seats. i also have a very bad back. herniated disc.

from what i can tell from all the webpages they are all so similar its just a matter of price and covers. i personally went with racecraft for one reason. they are the only ones that will cover the seat all in vinyl vice tweed in the center section. i have a dog and this is the northwest so i wanted vinyl.

i love the seats it makes an all day wheeling event much easier on the back. at the end of the day i used to be very tired from using all the back muscles to hold my body upright when on angles. now the seat holds me so i dont use nearly as much muscle power.

suspension seats rock and IMHO brand is not that big of a deal between the seats mentioned above and id add racecraft to that list.

Suspension seats are made without the springs, they are made with cords that suspend your weight in the middle between the two seat halfs.

http://www.racecraftseats.com/

mine are black and yellow with red piping and the free flame stitching.

i understand there is a shop on the bremerton side that can beat the online prices though. i found out about it after i placed the order.