• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Winch mounting question/concern

leeman1790

I have a tmax winch on my rig and it's currently mounted and ready to go on some 1/4 plate. Here's the question, I bought those square nuts that slide in to the winch and then you run the bolts in the backside. It worked perfect, but I can't find grade 8 in those square things. I know the grade 8 bolts will be fine but if those squares strip or break then my winch is going through my radiator. I'll get a better pic up but here's one i found on photobucket of how it sits. Edit: guess I never asked a actual question but I just would like to know what everyone else is using or where to find grade 8 squares.
b1e45102.jpg

BUG-E J said:
Tap the hole in the plate

That is the wrong direction. The bolt is coming from the plate to the winch. If concerned, I would call one of the winch companies and get them to drop a set in the mail.

Found this website http://t-maxserviceparts.com/ew-series.htm and called them. The guy I talked to said they come with grade 5 hardware and it's rare to have the mounting bolts/nuts fail. He said he has heard of more housings breaking then bolts/nuts. Guess I'll hope for the best, thanks for the help tho guys.