• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wrangler 4.2 emissions

rockracer

So I have been looking at this 1987 jeep wrangler, it has the 4.2 with a weber carb. It has not been tabbed for six years, it was a straight trail rig so he removed all the emission crap off of the motor. My question is that if I get this jeep will it pass emmisions with all the sensors and computer gone? We have a MSD offroad igniton to put in it but im more worried about not having all that emission stuff. :mad: I also live in king county.

It will fail.

You take it to a shop and get a quote to fix it. When the quote is above a certain $$$ amount you can get a waiver for the emissions but I don't know if it applies to vehicles that have all that shizzy stripped out? I've herad of the emissions test stations actually visually inspecting vehicles but I haven't been through one in years.

thanks guys I knew that the price of it there was going to be a downfall. Anybody else have any experience with this?

my 87 with a 4.2 passed the last time i took it thru emission it had a weber and all the emssion junk was gone

Sweet im going there tomarrow to start it up and bring it to the the closet shop were they can run the test on it. It has been sittin since last fall. :redneck:

IF you wanna get it checked before going to emissions, I'd be happy to sniff test it for you.

When I had my '87 YJ 4.2, I had a weber, no emissions stuff, no cat, and still got it to pass.

John

You must spend Minimum of 150 bucks at an authorized emisions test / repair facility.
You must pass a visual inspection to ensure ALL of youe emissions components are intact.
You must Fail the test. (1st to see if you do, then spend money, then test again)

Then you can get a Waiver.

I just went through this a few weeks ago.

A.I.V solenoid NFG 60 bucks
Vaccum Switch NFG 60 bucks
A.I.V Box.. NFG and cannot get a new replacement.

Rig runs mint

Im pretty sure since there is no emission stuff on the motor i can"t get it waived. I think my only option is to get it to pass. :booo:
Also did they make you shut off the motor to see if the engine light was on? because it is supposed to light up breiflybefore the car starts.

Yours is Pre-obdII.

They will make you put it on the dyno and stick the sniffer in its butt.

My pathfinder is an 87

You will have to make it pass, or put everything back to OEM.

IF you wanna get it checked before going to emissions, I'd be happy to sniff test it for you.

When I had my '87 YJ 4.2, I had a weber, no emissions stuff, no cat, and still got it to pass.

John

Ya I would deffantly be intrested in that I will let you know when its more road friendly.

Latest posts