• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis 42" Comp Trepador coming

xjcrawler said:
I thought you said you had some ordered.......

Transamerica
« Sent to: xjcrawler on: September 12, 2016, 02:37:24 PM » Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageRemove

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spoke with transamerica last week. They had 50 sets coming in, and sold those. I have been told the same thing you have. The next shipment is toward the end of the month at 300 tires or something like that. I don't know who I spoke to, but I got about the same as you did on information.

What I was told is they took names for the first set of tires until they were gone. They are taking names again for the next set that is rolling in. I have my name of a set coming in for someone else, but may just sale them if they change their mind.

Hope that helps,

Tripp Jernigan

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oh, ok I understand now. Sorry I must be slow.

I meant that I had ordered some for a friend. They came in a while back. My name as in SPR, not personally for me. Sorry for the confusion.

the_white_shadow said:
How have these been holding up? Any sidewall issues?

The aussies blew a sidewall on a drop at supercrawl with pokey. Jesse Haines swears he hardly ever has sidewall issues with treps vs bfg's though.

My lil brother upgraded to 42's on the Legend Buggy. My dang brand new 39 REDS look like kiddy tires... Anyone wwant to trade for 42's or 43's for a brand new set of red labels.......

natedawgxj said:
That thing will be unstoppable now. Ready to see the ol legend climb again...
yeah the tires will make a huge difference. increased the clearance under the chunk and belly about 3".

Thread has died off....So is everyone liking their Treps or going back to SX's? I'm about to go up in size from 39 Reds. Looking to buy either SX or Treps.

I have went back and forth several times. I have a brand new set of Reds that haven't been mounted up yet. I've thought about selling them and getting treps or SX tires. Life shouldn't be this hard!!

We need to get some more head to head comparisons where guys with the 42 Treps wheel the same trails as guys on the 43 SX. I went to the 43 SX, haven't run them yet but I just wasn't sold on the Trep yet. I've seen enough of the sticky 43 SX to know they work.

I was impressed with how Caseys tire wore so slowly. Then he put the 5.3 in and hoooooly ****, they are worn out! I am not sure about the longevity of the treps with a little horsepower.

pholmann said:
I was impressed with how Caseys tire wore so slowly. Then he put the 5.3 in and hoooooly ****, they are worn out! I am not sure about the longevity of the treps with a little horsepower.

treps in general wear SUPER fast at first. Im talking one day at Morris Mountain on my brand new 40s several years ago and I about had a shitfit. I had a corner of a tire on the rock in vnotch and just heated them up...10 seconds of spinning at most...and you could definitely tell that the outer lugs were worn more than the rest.

but they slow down significantly once they hit the sweet spot. Once they round off and get feathered, they will stick 10 times better, wear a lot slower and youll be happier with them.

I WAS NOT happy with my treps the first few trips out. Once I got them rounded off and feathered a bit....holy **** I will never own another tire. This is the 40" though...time will tell on the 42" but I would assume that the "break them in first" still applies.

he might not have hit that sweet spot yet :driving:

it took mine probably a solid 5 - 6 trips to get them where I was happy with them and the wearing started to slow down.

again though...this was the 40"s, I haven't run the 42s"

You apparently don't know Kush. He rides 5-6 times a month. He has had his tires for a couple years now. They did exactly what you are talking about and were good until he swapped the ole tired propane fed 400 small block out for the 5.3. Then his tires went to ****.

pholmann said:
You apparently don't know Kush. He rides 5-6 times a month. He has had his tires for a couple years now. They did exactly what you are talking about and were good until he swapped the ole tired propane fed 400 small block out for the 5.3. Then his tires went to ****.

Maybe the 42s suck ass over time...I guess time will tell as more guys put more trail miles on them

39 vs 42 red label comes to mind...

pholmann said:

Quit hatin on our stickies!! ;)