• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

What is the purpose of a differential plug having a square hole instead of a bolt head? :dunno:

hwmiller said:
What is the purpose of a differential plug having a square hole instead of a bolt head? :dunno:

The only thing I ever thought of that made sense was if the plug is in the cover, there would be a possibility of shearing the bolt head off. With a square drive plug, you could still get the plug out. However this theory doesn't hold water if the plug is in the cast case of the diff.

hwmiller said:

Let's go a step further, why are there some square drive plugs that are in between 3/8 and 1/2? I had to buy a set of "special" drain plug sockets awhile back because of this.

I have ordered from Barnes off-road 3 times, and 2 times they have left stuff out! I'm so mad rite now my head is hurting! Had big plans to get some stuff done this weekend, so now I have to wait till Monday to raise hell and wait another week to get what I should have now!

zukimaster said:
I have ordered from Barnes off-road 3 times, and 2 times they have left stuff out! I'm so mad rite now my head is hurting! Had big plans to get some stuff done this weekend, so now I have to wait till Monday to raise hell and wait another week to get what I should have now!

That's horseshit, I'd get somebody on the phone that mattered and give em an ear full!

They missed some stuff in one of my orders. Called them up and they got me my missing brackets asap. Like people have said before, **** happens but it's how it's handled that makes the difference.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

rednecklights said:
Man I'd like to pick up a Ruger 22/45 lite tomorrow
Have you shot a Mark 3?

Budget in an extra $100 for a Volquartsen Mark 2 accurizing kit (mark 2 kit comes with the bushing to eliminate the mag disconnect)

My 22/45 Lite was barely shootable the trigger was so bad. Hard to describe something so sloppy and crunchy at the same time.

Re:

I wonder how much debt America has outstanding right now toward Polaris products? I'd like to see a ballpark figure. They own 3/4 of the sxs market share.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
I wonder how much debt America has outstanding right now toward Polaris products? I'd like to see a ballpark figure. They own 3/4 of the sxs market share.

I've been to Harlan 3 weekends in a row. Let me say it's a TON! Every year it seems to double.

TBItoy said:
Have you shot a Mark 3?

Budget in an extra $100 for a Volquartsen Mark 2 accurizing kit (mark 2 kit comes with the bushing to eliminate the mag disconnect)

My 22/45 Lite was barely shootable the trigger was so bad. Hard to describe something so sloppy and crunchy at the same time.

I haven't.

We have a sig mosquito , Beretta neos and a "colt" umarex rail gun and all 3 are fun but I'd like to have something more "targetish" if you know what I mean...

Would you say it's worth the money even with the mods ?

rednecklights said:
I haven't.

We have a sig mosquito , Beretta neos and a "colt" umarex rail gun and all 3 are fun but I'd like to have something more "targetish" if you know what I mean...

Would you say it's worth the money even with the mods ?

It's a very neat gun with the mods.

I wouldn't spend the extra money on the LITE unless you are going to run a suppressor. It feels weird and jumpy without a can.

The new Mark 4 just came out. They made some very good/important improvements to it, and the trigger is supposed to be "good" from the factory.

TBItoy said:
It's a very neat gun with the mods.

I wouldn't spend the extra money on the LITE unless you are going to run a suppressor. It feels weird and jumpy without a can.

The new Mark 4 just came out. They made some very good/important improvements to it, and the trigger is supposed to be "good" from the factory.

I had a M II as a kid and have a M III now, the 4 looks like the ticket though.

Re: Re: Re: Random Thoughts

muddinmetal said:
I had a M II as a kid and have a M III now, the 4 looks like the ticket though.
I'll get a Mark 4 soon... And a 10/22 LITE..

Ruger is doing some cool stuff now.

I picked up a new LCP II last week. So much better than the old LCP. I went in looking for a Kahr CW380, shop keep says "Have ya heard about the new LCP II? I've got one coming, it'll be here about 1:30".

It's SAO with a trigger blade safety and hidden hammer. Slide locks back too. Shoots nice for a micro pistol.