• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

Ohhhh me dumb...
A "non steer" rear axle housing. Ok all the slow people are caught up, carry on..

Random Thoughts

Eddyj said:
Ohhhh me dumb...
A '"non steer' rear axle housing. Ok all the slow people are caught up, carry on..

Plus more steering angle, open knuckle (have to add inner axle seals), less bulky, road worthy wheel brakes and 8 lug (without buying super 8 hubs ) and probably stronger (esp if you use 450/550 knuckles)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

TBItoy said:
Plus more steering angle, open knuckle (have to add inner axle seals), less bulky, road worthy wheel brakes and 8 lug (without buying super 8 hubs ) and probably stronger (esp if you use 450/550 knuckles)

Wonder how close the axle tube sizes are? I know square vs round. Or would you need to retube the while axle?

What kind of turning radius do the SD knuckles get you?
I know Rockwell knuckles bring the suck when it comes to turning radius.

Re: Re: Re: Random Thoughts

kmcminn said:
People been putting Rockwell outers on tons for a long time. I would imagine the other way is doable.
This is true. But most are also putting new tubes in the axle.

I was just curious if anyone new what the tube sizes were.

Random Thoughts

paradisepwoffrd said:
Wonder how close the axle tube sizes are? I know square vs round. Or would you need to retube the while axle?

I€™d probably leave a chunk of tube in the super duty C and bore the Rockwell axle tube to fit all the way in so I could weld directly on the C-tube-tube interface. I'd probably go ahead and cut some rectangles out of the flats on the rock tube since it would only be 1/8" material left at the tangent

Not the €œbest€ way, but it would work.

Yea, I been watching Barrett Jackson, that chic at the end of the stage putting on the sold stickers, has a ass that's unbelievable!

TBItoy said:
I'"d probably leave a chunk of tube in the super duty C and bore the Rockwell axle tube to fit all the way in so I could weld directly on the C-tube-tube interface. I€™d probably go ahead and cut some rectangles out of the flats on the rock tube since it would only be 1/8€ material left at the tangent

Not the '"best' way, but it would work.

That's what I was thinking. I would likely also cut off the corners of the square the weld to the round and create an octagon section of sorts.

zukimaster said:
Yea, I been watching Barrett Jackson, that chic at the end of the stage putting on the sold stickers, has a ass that's unbelievable!
Look at the cars... in the long run the $350,000 gt40 will be less headaches.

Half million dollar cars and you looking at a $57 ass...
#priorities
#coldshower
#masterofyourdomain

zukimaster said:
We're on the same page!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk