• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

All you guys with your 1% problems. ::) Hell I gotta drive with the windows down just so I can hear what **** just fell out from underneath my truck.

ForMud said:
All you guys with your 1% problems. ::) Hell I gotta drive with the windows down just so I can hear what **** just fell out from underneath my truck.

It's prolly money fallin' off it....stuff you don't cuuuuuur 'bout. ;)

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

TacomaJD said:
Don't you still have you have an 3.5mm jack and usb port in order to add bluetooth audio to stock head unit? Ones I have found use the power from usb to run the dongle, but the audio still has to input through the 3.5 jack. Looked into this for my Malibu, but just bought an aux cord instead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phone has no 3.5 jack, 4/5 of my vehicles don't either. That's where the fm tuner comes in

blacksheep10 said:
Phone has no 3.5 jack, 4/5 of my vehicles don't either. That's where the fm tuner comes in

I was typing that going down the road, let me clarify.

In order to buy a bluetooth dongle to use with factory radio (not fm transmitter, I know what those are also), the only available ones I have been able to find are as follows: My Malibu has a usb port and 3.5mm aux port on the oem radio. The only way a dongle will work is if it has a power source and a way to input the audio to the receiver (radio, head unit, whatever you want to call it). So they make one that plugs in a usb port to power it, then there is a short cable running from the dongle to the car's 3.5mm port to carry the audio received through the bluetooth dongle to the radio.

I was surprised to find that you can't just buy a usb dongle and it stream audio alone. I figured having a dongle AND a cable hanging out of my oem radio would look gay as fawk, so I just use an aux cable and be done with it. I've had an fm transmitter in a previous truck with factory radio so I could plug my phone to it, but sound quality was terrible as fawk.

tonybolton said:
I know...I just put people in my phone so I can remember them.

Should have put me in there as long **** daddy from Cincinnati

ForMud said:

It's all that salt you Yankees put on the road.

What the hell is it with all the "My Pillow" adds coming on TV every 2-1/2 minutes? Does anyone on here own one?.....I would buy one if it would make the endless adds stop.

ForMud said:
What the hell is it with all the "My Pillow" adds coming on TV every 2-1/2 minutes? Does anyone on here own one?.....I would buy one if it would make the endless adds stop.
You can't fawk with his patented fill....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a FM transmitter with Bluetooth. Plugs into cigarrette lighter only. Quality is pretty good, but it does get static on occasion. Most of that comes from my shitty radio tuner & electronic interference.

If I were to do it again with a factory radio, i would look at getting the FM modulator that plugs inline the antenna wire behind the dash, add you hardwire power/ground.

Hmm....interesting day. Temp started today(12 an hour), stated he had 3 degrees and would probably move in to management in about a year or so depending on how he likes this company. :)

tonybolton said:
Hmm....interesting day. Temp started today(12 an hour), stated he had 3 degrees and would probably move in to management in about a year or so depending on how he likes this company. :)

Hell he might, them cocky clueless **** usually end up getting handed the world before they just up and leave to "greener pastures"

tonybolton said:

Don't you love those kinds. I was doing pre-employment classes last week and a guy walked up and said pretty much the same thing. Then added a shitload of questions about the company and vision and innovation and all this **** as he said "I am of a huge advantage to this business, but without these questions answered I don't know if the company is of huge advantage to me."

So my response was "is a paycheck to your bank account of huge advantage to you? Because if so this job will provide that"

He also told me what equipment he WILL drive and WONT drive. I smiled and said, "This is going to be fun...lets get you started on your path to greatness." :)

Dude my gas is killer today, I wish I had my replacement guy trapped in the car with me today. it's making me gag.