• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

air shocks seals

There's a very simple solution to all the BS surronding this issue...

...if you think you want air shocks buy the ones from Rock Equipment...if you don't like them after running them just buy the dual rate kit and some springs and turn them into coil-overs :rolleyes:

thatz a real good idea

and for all you out there that dont think they are for high speed jumps and stuff they came out on dirt bikes like over 20 years ago and kinda worked ok :haha:

Jobless said:

...if you think you want air shocks buy the ones from Rock Equipment...if you don't like them after running them just buy the dual rate kit and some springs and turn them into coil-overs :rolleyes:

Jobless said:

those are the shocks that lost there seals at the hammers huh.:;

sarg said:
those are the shocks that lost there seals at the hammers huh.:;

Yes...but they were the original prototypes. That problem was fixed immediately :redneck:

There were some good times around the campfire ribbing Jason about those :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Jobless said:
Yes...but they were the original prototypes. That problem was fixed immediately :redneck:

There were some good times around the campfire ribbing Jason about those :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

broken t-case adpters/crank pully/ect :haha: :haha: :haha:

crash said:
broken t-case adpters/crank pully/ect :haha: :haha: :haha:

If you build it under full compretion that will not happen. I can take my air struts out and still drive. I had the same concerns when I built mine. Now I'm over it. I will never run anything else and if you want to jump alot add an air bump. We have been running them in 2600 to 4500lb rigs and never had a problem. They Rock:cool:

stompinjab1 said:
If you build it under full compretion that will not happen. I can take my air struts out and still drive. I had the same concerns when I built mine. Now I'm over it. I will never run anything else and if you want to jump alot add an air bump. We have been running them in 2600 to 4500lb rigs and never had a problem. They Rock:cool:

So--whats the costs of air shocks/air bumps/nitrogen tank setup?

crash said:
air shocks- 215 x 4 =860
air bimps- 175 x 4 =700
air tank- 200
--------------------------------
total 1900

thats still cheaper than coil overs and you can jump the piss out of them and dial them in at home. If you have the wrong spring rate on a coil over then you better find a good place to swap springs or your gonna go broke:;

crash said:

The air struts are 450 a pair not sure on the bumps I'll check when I get to work don't quote me but I think about 2-250 But regardless it's agood thing to have on either set up and don't coilovers take nitro too so I guess that cost is a wash

sarg said:
air shocks- 215 x 4 =860
air bimps- 175 x 4 =700
air tank- 200
--------------------------------
total 1900

thats still cheaper than coil overs and you can jump the piss out of them anf dial them in at home. If you have the wrong spring rate on a coil over then you better find a good plce to swap springs or your gonna go broke:;

I have less that that in mine hmmmm.

and any good place you deal with will either get the spring rates very close or swap them out for a different rate for extreemly cheap or free :;

stompinjab1 said:
The air struts are 450 a pair not sure on the bumps I'll check when I get to work don't quote me but I think about 2-250 But regardless it's agood thing to have on either set up and don't coilovers take nitro too so I guess that cost is a wash

Any bike shop-- $5 a shock :;

crash said:
I have less that that in mine hmmmm.

and any good place you deal with will either get the spring rates very close or swap them out for a different rate for extreemly cheap or free :;

we all have less in ours but I was just being realistic and I know you dont have a nitrogen botttle so if you ever need a fill you will be off to a shop.:;

how much do you have into it crash come on be honest :kiss:

crash said:
Any bike shop-- $5 a shock :;

Thats ok couldn't you do the same with the strut. Dosen't matter If you divide the struts we sold to the nitro set up its super cheep:D

sarg said:
find one on sunday open or after 5pm oh wait does sultan have a bike shop........wait maybe the pawn shop might have one:haha:

If you waited till sunday than thats your own damn fault :flipoff: Wouldn't be a problem with my coilovers :flipoff:

crash said:
We all sound like a fight between heeps and toys :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'll put an end to it...who wants there ass handed to them by a 15 year old YJ on coilovers :flipoff:

Just to make it fair I'll let the GF drive :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I got your air struts right here buddy :kissmyass:

Jobless said:
I'll put an end to it...who wants there ass handed to them by a 15 year old YJ on coilovers :flipoff:

Just to make it fair I'll let the GF drive :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I got your air struts right here buddy :kissmyass:

WHATS 15 years old--oh---about 6' of frame :haha: :haha: :haha: