• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alternator Brackets

Think the guy selling/making these brackets fell off the face of the planet. I've been trying to contact him for 2 weeks now.

I'm with ya Whitey!!!!!!:awesomework::awesomework:

I'll grab the modified alternator and adjustable upper and snap a pic sometime today. It's simple and effective. The only thing I can see as a downfall is they might notice the modified case when you use a dead one for a core. I don't mind that as the parts that die on a gm alternator are fawking CHEAP so I can carry a spare rectifier assembly and brushes to fix the fawker myself. :D

I'll grab the modified alternator and adjustable upper and snap a pic sometime today. It's simple and effective. The only thing I can see as a downfall is they might notice the modified case when you use a dead one for a core. I don't mind that as the parts that die on a gm alternator are fawking CHEAP so I can carry a spare rectifier assembly and brushes to fix the fawker myself. :D

That's be great, I'm looking to do this mod too

hadn't thought about self repair Alt.

Whitey did you use the 12si, cs130, or cs144?

The mount patterns are the same and wiring is easy enough and all AC delco pulleys are interchangible. The cs144 factory go up to 145amp. Is it as easy as picking the amperage I want or am I missing something?

I'm still running the factory yota in my truck but I have the bracket and alternator sitting waiting for the stock one to puke but so far so good.

The one I'm replacing it with is a standard 12si. You could probably get away with a cs130 if you know what model had the correct clocking, adjuster tab placement and the right lower mount setup. The cs144 is just fawking huge and you'd have to rework the lower mount and most likely have issues with it interfering with the steering box.

You can get a 12si up to 120ish amp range factory but they start to lose reliability cranking up that much juice in a small package. There isn't enough room for a large rectifier and regulator in there. Keeping it around 100 amps is a nice trade off for power and reliability.