• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Anybody on here ride much?

mikemounlio said:
I picked up a Honda Grom this weekend. Its a blast to ride.

Bought it mostly to teach the wife how to ride. Once she feels like shes got the hang of it we will get her a full size bike.

A guy I used to do trackdays with raves about his Grom on Facebook all the time lol

I wanna ride dammit, **** this rain!

67c13f3520cdd388ee97adbd6161d8d6.jpg

595bcfe3457807ee4b93dc07b2595aee.jpg

mikemounlio said:
I picked up a Honda Grom this weekend. Its a blast to ride.

Bought it mostly to teach the wife how to ride. Once she feels like shes got the hang of it we will get her a full size bike.

If the grom had been out back when I was young and single i def would've had 1

Re: Re: Anybody on here ride much?

race_jeep said:
If the grom had been out back when I was young and single i def would've had 1
Can you imagine the fun! I might would buy one now if I had two 100% functioning legs and knees! This **** is awesome!

http://youtu.be/6SVKlG9Iiak

My 95 CR250. Built it to ride trails and occasionally hit the MX track. The plan was to flip it and get into a street bike but I have way too much fun riding this thing. Its also my backup plan on bigger wheelin trips. Sucks to tow a long way, break and not have anything else to ride. A group of us in NC typically ride 1-2x a month when weather allows or we aren't out wheelin.

Before: When I brought it home. Sat in a barn for a few years after an engine rebuild.
75661F77-9124-4241-9876-1E3AFF467806_zps1i3rru6p.jpg

After: Throttle Jockey 1800 Collect "McGrath" Graphics kit, Devol Skid, Bark Busters, Pipe Guard and some new tires.
F2AD8589-452C-461A-9E3A-C6708B73033A_zpsjvy0m0rx.jpg

D534CB9C-09C0-477B-A1BB-5FAA2C7F0527_zps6bzvnnov.jpg

I have put about 60 miles on the grom and yet to see the fuel gauge move! The wife has put about 10 of the 60 miles on it so far. We bought her a cbr600 several years ago but got screwed on the title by a so called friend. So far she has said the grom is a much better bike for her to learn on. All she can remember about the cbr was the weight. A few months on the grom and she will be ready for a 600 again.

I plan to get a grom for myself as well. Two will fit on my old harbor freight trailer that can be pulled by my car. Would be easy to take them with us on vacation someplace close.

The Groms looks cool! I've never been around one any though, how do they do on a road as far as top speed with 125cc motor?

Top speed is said to be around 62 for the 1st couple hundred miles. Most get about 65-70mph once the motor is good and broken in. I have already changed the exhaust and built a cold air ram intake. The bike is crazy fun. I took it to the banks parking lot this weekend. It was like i was on a full sized race track for the grom. I cant wait for summer to actually race a few guys.

Re:

Just bought my wife a Sportster and I have a Street Glide. As soon as I teach her how to ride we will be riding just about every Sunday depending on weather. We live in Northeast Alabama. Gaylesville/Cedar Bluff/Centre area.

Got into bikes a few years ago starting with a KLX250sm fell in love with them and it wasn't long before I had an FZ1, 09 ZX6r, KTM 300 and KLR650 lol. Miss the ZX6 the most. Would love to have another one just for trackdays but can't take the risk. About a month or so ago I had a friend talk me into getting a dirt bike to ride single track with him so I picked up a CR125, rode it for a few weeks and traded it for a CRF250R. I work weekends only but get to ride mon-thurs. If anyone around East Tn wants to get together during the week and hit the woods let me know.

wont work said:
Heres some of my bikes. Cant find a pic of my sportster but got it when I was 18 and still got it. Its a 1200 custom pearl white.

Road King that i had when I turned 20 I bought it brand new and in '11 a kid and mom with no drivers license hit me.

Here is my Ultra that replaced the king. Got a little motor work done to it. Puts 103 tourge to ground and when you want to it wil pull the front tire up.
Also in pic is my dads fatboy I now own that has a few goodies itself.

I been know to be ruff on a tire also

This pic is at a benefit concert/ride we do every year in memory of my dad where we give all money to scholarships/needy

My xr

Any more pictures of the fat boy? I usually like cheap home built jap choppers but the GF wants to ride with me now so been thinking about a fat boy set up like that.