• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - SETTC - September 26-28, 2014

1TONZR2 said:
I would like to know why everyone thinks we are cheaters and shady people? Especially those of you that don't know us or even been around the event.

Brian

The reason people are beginning to think this is because the way the event was moved and cause of the way you handled your event. Seems pretty legit for someone to think you are shady. It is up to you to change people's minds and make this right. If you don't correct this I would say your event is doomed and also your groups reputation.

We have already explained ourselves about the move. There was nothing to gain by the move, except for some more drivers or spectators... But with so many rides/races popping up AFTER we announced the dates and the amount of races at AOP hurt the attendance.
In the video he says 2 different answers...more than likely without even realizing it. No one did and there is where the problem started.

Brian

Re:

Rules must be black and white. That is why the drivers ask the questions for clarification. I have no dog in this, I benefit in no way. I was there to help the park. I missed it all because we had went to set up for the next Hill. I was also late coming down from Hill 3 because I stayed up there to make sure Randall got off the hill. After it was called, I unpacked my gear and then spent the rest of the afternoon recovering broke rigs.

After running the event the last few years without any issues, the rules didn't even enter our minds. Agreed 1000000% that the rules need to be in black and white.
While this was happening, I was making sure Donald and Randall were getting theirs repaired and also helped Nick Cooper earlier when he was looking for a welder....not that it was able to weld much.

Brian

I did not attend race due to it being moved I went to Morris mountain instead and had a blast just riding for a change.just wondering if myself and other racers that did not attend will be refunded?i never was notified of the change and when I learned of it on hardline I was disappointed in how this event change was being handled

Don't think that we had a bad time because we didn't we was having a blast then about a hr of drama and said F SETTC and then went back to having a great time AOP is always a great time :driving:

muddinmetal said:
Karma is a bitch! Maybe y'all need Joe back because you're running a mickey mouse operation. You lying ass Settc folks are lucky it didn't come to blows and I hope a lawsuit is coming your way :gtfo:
Come to blows? Really? It seemed to me that after some rational sit down something to could have been worked out. For a team to get that upset over that and decide and up and leave sounds like some real crybaby stuff to me. From what I heard being explained, the idea was that as you are negotiating the slab upward you cannot hit the cone, Travis did that, but once he reached the top his tire spin pulled him into the cone. That sounds like two different things.

I was envolved in a settc race a few years back. It was rules changing and people making dumb calls all weekend. I swore I would never attend another one and won't. I didn't bash them last time and it is a long story but it was deff a poor ran operation.

Re:

They said cannot hit the cone. If going to that side of that tree was the intent then why put up the cones to start with? Just say you can go left or right, right side is the 5 point bonus line.

Translation from the video:
SETTC: …there an optional finish…I don't know how much you guys know…there's a rock slab there, yes there's a slab and 2 trees up there…there's a cone you can't knock that cone down or you lose that penalty but if you do the slab and exit between the 2 trees on the right…we'll go over it when we're up there…that's a 5 point bonus on top of wherever you place…if you go to the left you can hit that cone no penalty…you just don't get a bonus it's just a regular finish

Team Guy:…one more time if you try the bonus line and you hit the cone…it doesn't count…

SETTC:…you don't get the bonus…you can still finish through either and that will still be your time

Team Guy: Okay…but it's not a penalty you just don't get the bonus

SETTC:…it's not a penalty…

Later:
SETTC:…alright now this is the big one…everyone this is the big one…there's been a lot of video review on Travis' bonus line…and what we're going with…and if anyone wants to see this video we'll be glad to show you… the intent of that bonus was to hit that slab square and go up cleanly without using that valley to the left…right there…Travis clearly hit all 4 tires up that…once his rear tires were on the ledge, he was sliding and he spun into it, but he had completely satisfied what we wanted to see on the bonus…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiM7EaDtPYc&feature=youtu.be

Metal Head said:
Translation from the video:
SETTC: …there an optional finish…I don't know how much you guys know…there's a rock slab there, yes there's a slab and 2 trees up there…there's a cone you can't knock that cone down or you lose that penalty but if you do the slab and exit between the 2 trees on the right…we'll go over it when we're up there…that's a 5 point bonus on top of wherever you place…if you go to the left you can hit that cone no penalty…you just don't get a bonus it's just a regular finish

Team Guy:…one more time if you try the bonus line and you hit the cone…it doesn't count…

SETTC:…you don't get the bonus…you can still finish through either and that will still be your time

Team Guy: Okay…but it's not a penalty you just don't get the bonus

SETTC:…it's not a penalty…

Later:
SETTC:…alright now this is the big one…everyone this is the big one…there's been a lot of video review on Travis' bonus line…and what we're going with…and if anyone wants to see this video we'll be glad to show you… the intent of that bonus was to hit that slab square and go up cleanly without using that valley to the left…right there…Travis clearly hit all 4 tires up that…once his rear tires were on the ledge, he was sliding and he spun into it, but he had completely satisfied what we wanted to see on the bonus…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiM7EaDtPYc&feature=youtu.be

Sweet JEEBUS.
You got this down!
http://www.indeed.com/q-Stenographer-jobs.html

If you hit the cone you don't get the bonus. Travis hit the cone and they were going to give him the bonus any way. Those were not team guys they were drivers. When you put a cone out either you can hit it or you can not anything other than that is going to cause trouble. There have been some calls at other races that have been perceived as favoritism and the drivers are already sensitive to it. We are building a sport on the backs of these drivers who have spent their own money to build these buggies and continue to spend a fortune maintaining and traveling around the country with these buggies . All these guys want is a fair shake win or loose the same rules for everyone. I don't care how many sponsors you have or how much money is on the line if no drivers show up you don't have an event. I would keep the rules simple have them in writing and error on the side of caution when making calls...................just my opinion

Dvaughn1971 said:
If you hit the cone you don't get the bonus. Travis hit the cone and they were going to give him the bonus any way. Those were not team guys they were drivers. When you put a cone out either you can hit it or you can not anything other than that is going to cause trouble. There have been some calls at other races that have been perceived as favoritism and the drivers are already sensitive to it. We are building a sport on the backs of these drivers who have spent their own money to build these buggies and continue to spend a fortune maintaining and traveling around the country with these buggies . All these guys want is a fair shake win or loose the same rules for everyone. I don't care how many sponsors you have or how much money is on the line if no drivers show up you don't have an event. I would keep the rules simple have them in writing and error on the side of caution when making calls...................just my opinion

thumb.gif

Excactly

kmcminn said:
The reason people are beginning to think this is because the way the event was moved and cause of the way you handled your event. Seems pretty legit for someone to think you are shady. It is up to you to change people's minds and make this right. If you don't correct this I would say your event is doomed and also your groups reputation.
I am a club member that has helped with this event for the last 4 years. I can tell you that we have never received any reimbursement or compensation for going up to these parks and running this event. That goes for everyone involved. We are out of FL. So fuel, food, lodging, and time off of work adds up pretty quickly. We do it for the love of the sport and are trying to promote it in good manner. There was a mistake made and the judges and board members tried to make good on it, and the drivers refused in most part. They did however stick around and take a full refund of their entry fee, split of winnings, and prizes. I along with some of the other club members actually went wheeling with some of the drivers and had a good time after the dust settled. All I can say is **** happens and nobody's perfect. I can tell you that those involved with the decision making process are disappointed with how this all went down. Just my .02. Good day

From the outside looking in it is clear. The drivers made the best call they could. The ruling was crap and if Travis or any other driver had continued on and won the event they would be ridiculed by the entire offroad community for the win and the way it was done. Also would have made it worse on the promoters had they continued.

I am glad that the money and prizes were divvied up accordingly and that to me shows that the wrong was tried to be corrected.

I hope things can get straightened out as this seems like a pretty cool event.