• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - SETTC - September 26-28, 2014

Re: Re: Re: AOP - SETTC - September 26-28, 2014

rednecklights said:
Is how you guys plan on explaining this mess to your sponsors ?

do you feel they have been represented well through this whole ordeal ?
Way to take 1 sentence out of a whole explanation and make your comment. I am not a board member, just a volunteer from the club. And as to your question. With what happened I think the board members handled it the best they could've after it got out of control. It could've gotten a lot worse out there. Which I think is a reflection of the most drivers, club board members, and park keeping pretty level heads throughout the whole situation. So I'm sure the sponsors aren't happy with what happened. But, it could've been a lot worse. I can tell you that there names were mentioned on several occasions, supplied banners were posted, and names were also put on the shirts. So they did get exposure. And any level headed person is not going to associate the issue that happened as a direct reflection on a sponsors reputation.

As someone with no iron in the fire I can honestly understand the argument from the SETTC side. He plainly states you can't hit the cone while attempting the slab, and Travis didn't. He made it to the top and was past the obstacle, once on top he hammered the throttle and slid into it. That's a separate thing than hitting the cone while trying to make it up. It seems very nitpicky. I mean maybe the SETTC guy wasn't very clear but this kind of reaction seems very babyish. If Travis felt he didn't win why didn't he give the winnings to whomever he thought won? Simple fix and the rule or whatever could be looked at at a later date to try and fix it.

Hats off to all the guys that come out and put on the show like they do. I definitely don't have any dog in this, but after just watching Burkey spank that bonus line without hitting the cone at all, then giving credit for the bonus to someone that did, WOW.

Metal Head said:
As someone with no iron in the fire I can honestly understand the argument from the SETTC side. He plainly states you can't hit the cone while attempting the slab, and Travis didn't. He made it to the top and was past the obstacle, once on top he hammered the throttle and slid into it. That's a separate thing than hitting the cone while trying to make it up. It seems very nitpicky. I mean maybe the SETTC guy wasn't very clear but this kind of reaction seems very babyish. If Travis felt he didn't win why didn't he give the winnings to whomever he thought won? Simple fix and the rule or whatever could be looked at at a later date to try and fix it.
Don't hit the cone = bonus hit the cone=no bonus When you have to interpret the rules this is what happens

Dvaughn1971 said:
Don't hit the cone = bonus hit the cone=no bonus When you have to interpret the rules this is what happens

But did he win because they gave him the bonus? Or did he win without getting the bonus?
Once again I still think it could be interpreted as "You can't hit the cone while ascending the slab" Travis didn't hit it until after he was on the top, that's different.

Re:

tonybolton said:
How bout just "fastest to the top from point A to point B"?
That's what im talking about best statement made in this thread.

Don't matter if he made the climb or was sliding around after the slab hitting the cone is hitting the cone. I broke the tape at the very end of the hill at Rush and was not awarded the money and said hey you made the rule break the tape and your out that's part of racing. Looked like to me his front tire almost hit it and in the video there is so much dust how did they determine he had slide into it. Doesn't matter the cone was hit and that's that.

Re:

I realize the "option" makes it interesting for everyone but when there's money on the line I take that seriously and not good ol boy hobby fun.

I'm speaking from an SCCA autocross background where rules are in stone and theres no grey area.

With that said...i got outa that sport and now just enjoy trail riding and relaxing.

Everyone's gotta find thier "fix" though. Money changes everything.

A great philosopher of the spoken word once said, "mo' money...mo' problems".

Not to be confused with "I got 99 rocks but a cone ain't one!"

Ok...enough ape speak...:-*

Re:

Little Tim Bacon in Rowdy 1st across the Rush Off Road Bounty hill
tbacon38 said:

Don't matter if he made the climb or was sliding around after the slab hitting the cone is hitting the cone. I broke the tape at the very end of the hill at Rush and was not awarded the money and said hey you made the rule break the tape and your out that's part of racing. Looked like to me his front tire almost hit it and in the video there is so much dust how did they determine he had slide into it. Doesn't matter the cone was hit and that's that.
He broke the tape on flat ground after crossing the entire hill but the rules said if you break the tape you are DQed. If there was ever a case to interpret the rules that was it but they stuck to the rules and nobody could say they were not fair

Re:

tbacon38 said:

For all you can see from the video debris could have hit the cone and not his tire. I agree the rules should be more black and white They left it open to interpretation which is a mistake but the reaction was overboard IMO

Re:

tbacon38 said:

I broke the tape at the very end of the hill at Rush and was not awarded the money and said hey you made the rule break the tape and your out that's part of racing. Looked like to me his front tire almost hit it and in the video there is so much dust how did they determine he had slide into it.

That's cause you hate tape and are independently wealthy and have tons of money buried in the backyard. :flipoff1: Now let's all go fishing :fish: :dblthumb:

Re:

CHASMAN9 said:
tbacon38 said:

I broke the tape at the very end of the hill at Rush and was not awarded the money and said hey you made the rule break the tape and your out that's part of racing. Looked like to me his front tire almost hit it and in the video there is so much dust how did they determine he had slide into it.

That's cause you hate tape and are independently wealthy and have tons of money buried in the backyard. :flipoff1: Now let's all go fishing :fish: :dblthumb:

To heck with fishing, let's go wheel! :driving:

If I get mine back together im going riding saturday at Stoney Lonesome and there is no comp or any type of race. Was going to invite everyone but its just going to be boring trail riding all day so nevermind.