• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BEER is GOOD

Re: Re: BEER is GOOD

6ate2uby.jpg

I've never had the creamy dark, but the Sunset Wheat is pretty good.

Newest beer to make the "Shitty beer list": Sam Adams Noble Pils. That's a fawkin dirty beer. Tastes like you went out poured water on a really grassy cow patty, put it in the blender for 6 hours, and drank it.

InDaShop said:
Fruity Pebbles. Yeah think about that next time you drink it. :flipoff1:

Everybody that's tried it has heard that lol waitress told me that when she brought the first one I ever drank out to me molaugh

Anyone looking to do yeast starters and wants a cheap stir plate without making one from radio shack trips go here http://www.stirstarters.com/index.html I don't have access to computer parts and don't want to run around searching for this and that to eventually spend $50 and a lot of wasted time.

Most are in the $100 range plus $15-25 for a flask.

Yeast starters make a huge difference in your beer. I have done it the past 3 batches and it's incredible, simple, dirt cheap. The last three I was stir plate less and would spin the starter whenever I was in the kitchen and it still was a great success. I will be ordering the above item in a week or two before I brew something else. Been on a light kick (have 15 gallons worth currently) and think I need to do a red or brown ale next.

Re:

I used to hate IPA's, but loooooove them now. But I still have found IPA's like the Westbrooke IPA that doesn't even taste like an IPA and I don't care much for it.

I like pretty much all Sam Adams beers except Noble Pils, tastes like grass. Magic Hat #9 and Fat Tire are good brews for the craft brew beginner. (Just first two than crossed my mind.)

I'll think of some more as time goes by. Glad to see this thread bumped, as I do looooove me some beer.

85toyo said:
bump... starting to get into some craft beers and looking for suggestions. Hate IPA :puke:

IPAs get a bad rep because they get really malty and taste all the same when they sit on the shelf. They must be within a month of bottling or they really don't taste the way they should. Once you get a taste for some fresh IPAs they are hard to beat and usually strong as ****!

I tried these two last night and liked both. The liquor store by my hotel has a large selection so I'll grab a few more 6 packs over the next few days.

94BA336A-9489-4598-997B-5DB68F8D952A-28270-00002F66879E8046_zps249052a4.jpg

My peanut butter porter is fermenting, it should be ready for kegging in 2 more weeks

null_zps4e79eb9d.jpg

I stopped by the new brewery in town last night, it was pretty good I think our other brewery is better
null_zps435869c1.jpg

race_jeep said:
My peanut butter porter is fermenting, it should be ready for kegging in 2 more weeks

I had a peanut butter porter a few weeks ago from a brewery in Gadsden. Good stuff

Re: Re: Re: BEER is GOOD

85toyo said:
I tried these two last night and liked both. The liquor store by my hotel has a large selection so I'll grab a few more 6 packs over the next few days.

94BA336A-9489-4598-997B-5DB68F8D952A-28270-00002F66879E8046_zps249052a4.jpg

If you find Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale at a gas station or beer store, try it if you like Sam Adams Winter Lager. Much better winter beer in my opinion.

drank one of these today. saw it in a gas station and thought id try it.. it was pretty good and actually tasted just like banana bread. when i got back to the house i drank another and it wasnt cold, just "cool" and it tasted even better then when it did ice cold.

Re: Re: Re: BEER is GOOD

TacomaJD said:
If you find Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale at a gas station or beer store, try it if you like Sam Adams Winter Lager. Much better winter beer in my opinion.

I remembered you posting about it in another thread but I didn't see any at that store. I'll try finding it somewhere else.

wannabe said:
drank one of these today. saw it in a gas station and thought id try it.. it was pretty good and actually tasted just like banana bread. when i got back to the house i drank another and it wasnt cold, just "cool" and it tasted even better then when it did ice cold.

They are a little sweet for my taste but still good.

race_jeep said:

null_zps4e79eb9d.jpg

I stopped by the new brewery in town last night, it was pretty good I think our other brewery is better
null_zps435869c1.jpg

Tell me about your recipe. Did you use PB2 for the peanut butter and when did you add it? I brewed a PB Porter over the weekend, based it off of Terrapin Liquid Bliss.