• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BEER is GOOD

TacomaJD said:
The question is: Are they empty or full....?

These are actually the empties waiting for delivery back to St. Louis brewery. An odd law in Nebraska, but companies cannot transport their own brand across state lines, but can pay a trucking company to haul....odd....so they have to wait for volume to ship back.

stroyer said:
IMAG2829_zps948cbfba.jpg

thats awsome :drinkers:

Re: Re: Re: BEER is GOOD

stroyer said:
These are actually the empties waiting for delivery back to St. Louis brewery. An odd law in Nebraska, but companies cannot transport their own brand across state lines, but can pay a trucking company to haul....odd....so they have to wait for volume to ship back.

Pretty much same here, breweries have to go through distribution companies.

We are in Pigeon Forge drankin up a storm.

syna2avu.jpg

utyvy6aq.jpg

Old Milwaukee? Lol
nymu2a3y.jpg

7evu6yna.jpg

Re:

I may just get my boss to drop me off there tomorrow after training class...I think I could sleep there, on the dirty floor.

So what are people drinking and who lives in a good beer state that wants to do some trading. Already hit up Wyatt and Bones. I was able to try all the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp beers last night and they were amazing. Also have the mixed 12 pack I will save for later.

Re:

How do you do said trading? Obviously if you drove to meet them, you could just stop and pick some up for yourself instead of trading, so I'm curious. Ship them, maybe? I know alcoholic beverages do count as a Dangerous Good when shipping, but low volumes may be unregulated?

Shipping. I have had no issues thus far. I like to try good beer, and while our distribution is good there are still tons we don't get

Matt O. said:
Shipping. I have had no issues thus far. I like to try good beer, and while our distribution is good there are still tons we don't get

Yep, I've shipped to california with no issues, just package well and don't bother telling the shipper what's in it.
I do believe it's illegal to ship via the usps, so you hafta use ups or fedex

Re:

USPS probably does not handle dangerous goods, but I know UPS and Fedex does. The loophole is that if it's a volume range considered "Limited Quantity" and being shipped via Ground, it's excepted from haz-mat papers and labeling. Now it would be different if you were to ship them overnight, which I'm sure will never need to happen, but ****'s regulated 5 times as much when it goes up in a plane.

That's cool though. My buddy brought me back 3 24oz bottles from Rogue Brewery in Portland last year, and said that was all he could carry on the plane or something. Not sure of the limits for carrying onto aircraft in luggage.

Anyways, carry on.....lol.

Re:

I'm going to Asheville, NC for a weekend of beer drinking at the end of Aug, they have a shitload of beers there that do not get widely distributed, so I'm looking forward to that. Will try to bring some back!

Hell yeah! I am going in November. Check out as many breweries as you can, they do direct sales in NC. You must go to Wicked Weed Brewing and the bottle shop to go to is Bruisin Ales. Bring me back something good!

Matt O. said:
Hell yeah! I am going in November. Check out as many breweries as you can, they do direct sales in NC. You must go to Wicked Weed Brewing and the bottle shop to go to is Bruisin Ales. Bring me back something good!

Yup, I've done watched every video on Youtube about Asheville so we gonna hit everything we can in downtown. We are staying at the Downtown Inn, so should be able to walk to most all of it, minus a few of the breweries, think there are 11 total. We are def gonna hit up Bruisin' Ales and bring back a big ole stash. I owe you a few so I'll def pick up some for you.

I would kinda like to do that Brews Cruise, but I don't think I'd wanna sit there at every brewery and take a tour as much as I'd like to go in and drink a bunch of different beers. We may go to Biltmore while we're there too, haven't decided 100% on that yet.

Had an Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Bourbon Stout last night at dinner. Been a while since I'd had one, almost forgot how damn good they are.

Matt O. said:
So what are people drinking and who lives in a good beer state that wants to do some trading. Already hit up Wyatt and Bones. I was able to try all the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp beers last night and they were amazing. Also have the mixed 12 pack I will save for later.

What do you like? I am in SC so we get a lot of stuff nobody hears about. Breweries are popping up everywhere towards the Greeville area. I'd gladly put a tasty sixer together and trade out. We have a craft brew store in town that gets all of the locals and a lot of the higher volume craft stuff.

Locals to me:
RJ Rockers Spartanburg, SC
Brewery 85 Greenville, SC (they are new and not in the store in Greenwood yet)
Thomas Creek Greenville, SC
New South Dirty Mrytle, SC

These are all that I have a favorite from.