• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dumb @$S offers

fire6945

How about a thread on dumb ass offers that people offer for your sale post? I have had a few over the wall ones. If you don't have a good one, you are probably the one that makes the offers.

I had a guy wanting my 03 Rubicon, lives three hours away, and wants to come up on Saturday , write me a personal check, take the jeep back with him and then get his loan on Monday to cover it. :****:

My favorite is when someone you've never even seen asks if you will take payments. I gladly tell them yes. They always want to pay $100 a month until a certain time when they'll get enough money to pay off the balance. I agree to their payment plan. Then they ask when a good time would be to pick up whatever it is and I tell them the day they finish paying for it they are welcome to come get it. That pisses them off and they usually tell me they have never even seen me and act like I'm the idiot lol

Re: Re: Re: Dumb @$S offers

rednecklights said:
hahahahah I will have to remember that one
you must not sell enought stuff. I get ghetto loan/owner finance pitched at me all the time local by surrounding town kids. Never by a person over the internet for personal goods
I've honestly sold struts on a layaway plan though, dude was in the military and made payments until they were paid in full and then I shipped them, whatever works!

rednecklights said:
hahahahah I will have to remember that one
Ill give you $4.69 every other month for a 50'' light bar. :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumb @$S offers

smurfy90 said:
Ill give you $4.69 every other month for a 50'' light bar. :flipoff1:
Hell I got 2.5 JD's I'd trade for a couple 7"ers... That's a deal there!

Best one I do. For sale for $100, Does not say OBO. They offer $80. I go up to $120 and never go back down to the asking price.

Been parting/scrapping vehicles for years as a side gig usually just to fund the wheelin' or other expensive hobbies. I've got a list of these stupid people.

Got one the other day. This had gone on for about two weeks on a set of Samurai axles. Dude would text, want the axles, change his mind, text me back asking how much for both. Finally the other day.

Him: How much will you take for just the rear axle?
Me: $75
Him: Oh, you wont take any less?
Me: Did I stutter?

He hung up.

The other common one: (insert super lowball offer here) "this is all I have right now". My answer is always a resounding hell no. Its amazing how fast people will come up with cash if they realize you won't take their lowball offer but they really want your parts. I also love when I put "NO TRADES" then someone asks if I will trade for something. There is always some sob story about how they need it but only have some other POS to trade for it. I stopped feeling bad for those people. Either sell the junk you have laying around or find a hobby you can "afford" instead of whining to me how you need to cobble your shitbeat redneck mud shuttle back together.

JohnG said:
Best one I do. For sale for $100, Does not say OBO. They offer $80. I go up to $120 and never go back down to the asking price.

I really wanted that electric dog Polisher too. :flipoff1:

fire6945 said:
Just got this email on my 03 rubicon i have listed for $12,200

((Will 6000 get it my son is turning 16 and that's all I have)) :wtflol:

I have had very similar (kid getting his license) ones before. What is wrong with people? Like that SAD story that he only has $6,000 is going to make you say "sure, I feel like giving money away to a stranger today". My first car was worth $1,500 MAYBE!!!

I had a guy offer me something ridiculous when I was selling my yota buggy. It was like 3 cars that didn't run, a few sets of used mud tires, and a golf cart that needed batteries. He swore it would all add up to more than I wanted if I sold it all. :****:

i got a guy trying to do that same thing with me right now on one of my rigs couple trucks some fourwheelers and other stuff guys a good dude but dern rather have cash than something else I gotta work on to sell

BUG-E J said:
I had a guy offer me something ridiculous when I was selling my yota buggy. It was like 3 cars that didn't run, a few sets of used mud tires, and a golf cart that needed batteries. He swore it would all add up to more than I wanted if I sold it all. :****:
I got back on to say just that. Some idiot will offer everything he owns because it all adds up to whatever you're asking, then they can't understand why you said no. And I always love the guys trying to trade a worn out half ton gas sucker for a low milage duramax

oh come on man you know my 95 z71 is worth that 2004 hd I only got 230000 miles on it and 2 of the tires match :dblthumb:

rpf500 said:
I have had very similar (kid getting his license) ones before. What is wrong with people? Like that SAD story that he only has $6,000 is going to make you say "sure, I feel like giving money away to a stranger today". My first car was worth $1,500 MAYBE!!!
My first car was $200 after rebuild it was $600 total lol