• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric / Battery lawnmowers (((farmers need not apply)))

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
I don't have a back 40 or even a front 40.....jus some small patches that take me about 30-45 minutes to mow everything with a 20" walk behind / push mower.

Mowing is one of my most hated activities I do. Everyone knows I am so tight I can squeeze a booger outa Washington's nose on a quarter....and I hate mowing so much I have actually PAID for it to be done. Mowing ranks up there with wheeling in the rain AND driving 4hrs to do said wheeling. I don't like getting gas. I don't like mowing in the heat. I hate it...it sucks...everything about it sucks.

With all that said, I'm looking into some form of electric mower. Working 3rd shift, I'd like to be able to mow when I want and not make my neighbors hate me. I like them....they're old people and watch over stuff when we're not there. They're good people and I want to respect them. They usually give me the mean-mug when my grass is tall and I'm working on car / jeep stuff instead.

The electric thing I can do in the morning at 5-6-7am or close to 9-ish on weekends. Maybe i'll toss a light bar on it or something. Anyways....I think you get my point.

So, does anyone have an electric mower? I'm Googling and Amazoning for information. I would "like" a cordless, but they seem less powerful and suck up batteries. I could probably do the corded thing but it seems kinda gay and annoying. But mowing to me already is ....so F-it.

Next is price....I'm REALLY wanting to stay around / under 200 bucks for one of these pieces of ****. I'd do 300 if the thing was the YETI of the mowing world or whatever.

Any help is appreciated, and no I don't need any tampons to control my bleeding nor do I need a Midol. I would like one with a carbon fiber purse holder if possible. ;)

Mowing at 5 am means mowing wet grass..... very hard on the mower... electric mowers are still pretty noisy for sleeping neighbors.... i feel your pain tho.... mowing sucks.....

Maybe consider a small rider so you can knock it out in under 10 minutes???

Re: Re: Electric / Battery lawnmowers (((farmers need not apply)))

gottagofast said:
Mowing at 5 am means mowing wet grass..... very hard on the mower... electric mowers are still pretty noisy for sleeping neighbors.... i feel your pain tho.... mowing sucks.....

Not gonna spend that kinda money.

I'll also say I don't care what the yard look like. It's only job will be to be shorter than when started.

Re:

No because my neighbor's measure their yard and they always make sure it's at least a millimeter shorter than my yard no matter what no exceptions

I've always threatened to black top mine and paint it green, I like to mow but have no time to do it and I own 2 pieces of property, I would call around and get the cheapest rate on a law care service, hell have ur messican pool boy do it or the butler, the maid or better yet the Swedish nanny In a bikini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Thought about that to. Going by rough calculations it comes out to 575-650 dollars a year paying someone.

I hate to even say it, but the exercise wouldn't hurt me.

I'm going to keep asking around at work and other people to see if they have any experiences with them and just go from there I guess.

gottagofast said:

Look at CL. buddy found one for $50 needed a belt and a spark plug and it was good to roll. it's ugly and missing a hood, but it works.

Re:

If I was your neighbor I'd be watering and fertilizing your lawn while you're at work so that it would grow like crazy and you'd have to mow it all the time :stir:

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think your concern for the environment is refreshing. Don't let any of these rednecks here deter you. You throw your evil gas can away, buy you some skinny jeans and a pearl snap shirt and mow your grass whenever you want. Then you will have more time to talk about your feelings at starbucks with all the other hipsters...... Next thing you can do is sell those mustangs and get a Prius.
All that being said, I have never known anyone who liked their electric mower once the grass got taller. As long as you clip it every couple of days and knock the tops out they are fine, but once it rains and it gets tall cause you missed a cut, they tend to bog down and be a pain.

Found the one you need to buy :flipoff1:

Attachments

• IMG_6415.PNG
    IMG_6415.PNG
    787.5 KB · Views: 106
I saw these at a lowes several years ago and they looked cool but they said they had some issues https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00K6RPL38/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_86_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6RZQ766EY8QDKZRA0QK9&dpPl=1&dpID=81fduEhKIEL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude get you a mechanical reel mower.

I used to mow the side yards and around the flower beds at my grandparents with one that I'm pretty sure was made before WW1.

The new ones probably don't suck.

Ok yesterday I bought this travel trailer from a guy and he lives in a super nice neighborhood in west Knoxville. Anyhow I'm driving back out of the neighborhood and I look over and there is a what looks like a 20" lawnmower with no handle. Just a deck and wheels and obviously a battery and motor just cutting the yard with no one around because I just stopped in the road and was watching this thing. It seemed pretty badass and was mowing perfectly it had already made a couple passes it looked little me and was just doing it on its own. Like some back to the future **** really. My father in law said I've seen those on you tube ain't you and i say hell no but that's cool. He said some of them you have to teach them the yard and some were gps.